Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,406 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some input regarding starting a business in Myrtle Beach. I've been reading through the city's website and business licensing process, and it seems like they're really strict and have a lot of regulations and taxes.

Are there any other small business owners here who wouldn't mind sharing their experience with starting or owning a business in Myrtle Beach? I understand that it's a tourist town, so the majority of our business would be from around March-September.

Is there anything in particular that one should know before moving to Myrtle Beach? I'm especially concerned with the local government - it's very corrupt where I'm living now and I want to get away from that. Is there a certain part of town to avoid?

What's it like near Broadway on the Beach? Are there any other big tourist attractions like that that are at least a couple of blocks from the water? Or are there any nearby towns that also draw a huge crowd during the summer?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM

55 posts, read 114,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giad View Post
I'm looking for some input regarding starting a business in Myrtle Beach. I've been reading through the city's website and business licensing process, and it seems like they're really strict and have a lot of regulations and taxes.

Are there any other small business owners here who wouldn't mind sharing their experience with starting or owning a business in Myrtle Beach? I understand that it's a tourist town, so the majority of our business would be from around March-September.

Is there anything in particular that one should know before moving to Myrtle Beach? I'm especially concerned with the local government - it's very corrupt where I'm living now and I want to get away from that. Is there a certain part of town to avoid?

What's it like near Broadway on the Beach? Are there any other big tourist attractions like that that are at least a couple of blocks from the water? Or are there any nearby towns that also draw a huge crowd during the summer?

Broadway at the Beach fools people. This place is out on Highway 17 away from the beach. It aint a few steps from the beach. There is a place almost like it in North Myrtle Beach named Barefoot Landing and it has some vacancies last time I was there so rent oughta be better.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:12 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,134,319 times
What kind of business? That's the most important thing not where you base your business.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giad View Post

Be careful many business start and just don't make it. Is it a business that is needed by many?
There are a ton of towel and tee shirt shops, and a ton of shell shops.
There is actually no need for more of those at all.
You could try Barefoot Landing for a nice small shop. However, remember that winter months can be very, very, slow. The summer months would have to carry your slower months.
Most huge summer crowds are in MB during the summer. I can't think of another town that has the volume of people.
Barefoot Landing is a unique shopping place and many locals and winter visitors go there during the warmer days.
Not a couple of blocks from the water but neither is Broadway at the Beach.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM

55 posts, read 114,697 times
Broadway at the Beach has New Years fireworks too, so this place is busy during the winter and around the holidays, not just busy in the summer.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,326,937 times
Having owned a condo and spent many years vacationing in Myrtle Beach I can tell you that if I were to open a business in MB it would be some kind of small snack food, sweets, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream or something at either Broadway or Barefoot.

People love to snack while they are walking around these two areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area