Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:01 PM

142 posts, read 522,023 times

Advertisements

anyone have any experience/opinions on the following resorts?

Ocean Reef
Coral Beach
Caravelle

We are looking to take our 3 kids, ages 7, 5 and 2, in August. We are hoping for an oceanfront resort with a lot of amenities for kids. It needs to be clean and safe. Any thoughts or other suggestions? We don't want to spend more than $700 for 5 days. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM

194 posts, read 751,057 times
You might want to take a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor. Keep in mind there will be good and bad but overall ratings should be considered. Many resorts in Myrtle Beach can be found there.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM

142 posts, read 522,023 times
thank you...I have checked out trip advisor and it gives me a little insight. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any info.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM

215 posts, read 264,432 times
Default Of the 3.....

Ocean Reef is easily the best choice . My feeling is that with young children , a little quieter resort would be best . You will still have easy access to Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing .

Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM

18 posts, read 24,131 times
Haven't checked the reviews on Tripadvisor, but Ocean Reef and Coral Beach are located in a part of the Grand Strand that is very busy and has, let's say, more people in their 20's and 30's-more partying, I guess is what I want to say. The Caravelle is in a slightly more family oriented area, a bit quieter, still close to everything, and less traffic. (A LOT less traffic) I have property near the Caravelle and it is located near the "Golden Mile", which is a residential area and one of the nicest areas at Myrtle Beach. They have a cute pool/water partk that appeals to kids and there are restaurants nearby (walking distance). It is a little quieter. I'd go for the Caravelle if I had children with me.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM

730 posts, read 1,409,193 times
This thread caught my attention because I won 2 free nights at the Caravelle at a conference in Greenville and then paid for 2 to make a 4 night stay during our spring break (teachers). Thanks for the response on the Caravelle. I have stayed plenty of times at Beach Colony before so I like the quieter stretch.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 AM

215 posts, read 264,432 times
Default beachflamingo

You may want to check a map . Ocean Reef is located at 7100 North Ocean . Coral Beach is located at 1105 South Ocean . 82 blocks apart from each other . Coral Beach is located in the much more active section of town . The Caravelle and Ocean Reef are about 3 blocks from each other up in the much more sedate "Golden Mile" area of MB , quieter and better than down on the main drag area . IMO .

Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 PM

249 posts, read 518,123 times
Don't forget to check out "Myrtle Beach Resort". It's in south Myrtle (stone throw from Surfside beach) and away from the busy area. Plenty of pools, small kiddie water park/lazy river, in a gated resort with 24hr security. It's only 10 minutes from the airport as well.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM

85 posts, read 192,832 times
How about the Dunes Village resort? I am also looking to go to Myrtle Beach this summer, would like to spend about 6 nights at a beach front resort. I am traveling with my wife and children (6 and 3). Any more suggestions. Thanks

Old 03-25-2012, 09:13 AM

4 posts, read 4,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachflamingo View Post
Haven't checked the reviews on Tripadvisor, but Ocean Reef and Coral Beach are located in a part of the Grand Strand that is very busy and has, let's say, more people in their 20's and 30's-more partying, I guess is what I want to say. The Caravelle is in a slightly more family oriented area, a bit quieter, still close to everything, and less traffic. (A LOT less traffic) I have property near the Caravelle and it is located near the "Golden Mile", which is a residential area and one of the nicest areas at Myrtle Beach. They have a cute pool/water partk that appeals to kids and there are restaurants nearby (walking distance). It is a little quieter. I'd go for the Caravelle if I had children with me.
Ocean Reef very busy and loud! Island Vista has nice indoor pool complex for kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area