Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,091 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone! Thank you for having such a wonderful forum, I have learned a lot just by reading some of your posts! I did have a question about winter rentals, I did search for other posts but didn't seem to find much info on hotel/motel winter rentals and wondered if anyone knew of any that were fairly reasonably priced. It is only myself and all I would require is just a small place and I really don't need a condo or anything. I've been looking around craigs list too, but it may be too early for anyone to advertise yet and I have seen some through google searches but thought maybe some of you folks may know better, which are good and which ones not so good. Thank you in advance and I hope everyone is having a Great Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 02:06 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,356 times
Almost all weekly rental condos can be rented monthly in the winter for snowbirds. I don't know of any hotel/motel places (but I am sure there are some). If you check out vrbo you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. There are so many and in all sizes and price ranges. Some do not list their monthly winter rates, but you can email them for that information. If you plan on staying the entire winter it may be difficult to find one that is available the entire time so the earlier the better. When we moved to SC we rented the first 6 months in snowbird rentals. We had to hop around a few time because we couldn't find one that was available the entire winter. It really wasn't all that big of deal though since we only had to pack up a few things and we got to check out different places. Enjoy!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM

Thank you so much neecewh! I will check them out. I don't mind moving around, it would be somewhat of an adventure and like you said, check out different places! I did a winter rental a long, long time ago in Hampton NH and I loved it. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area, and although a lot of people love it, it is just not my cup of tea. I love the Myrtle Beach area and should have kept going down a bit farther south from NC..lol..but that is OK, live and learn! Thank you again!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:53 PM

142 posts, read 363,438 times
Most all resorts along the beachfront offer winter rentals and you can find efficiencies from $350 a month and up, 1 bedroom condos can be had for $500 a month.

Gary

Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
If you want to be close to the beach and yet have some fun try Oceanside Village. You can rent a small home there.
Then you can also use the golf cart ( if they have it included) to go to the beach, the clubhouse, and all around the area.
Some of the rentals include pets and some don't.
They usually prefer a three month rental but some will do monthly.
They will be in VRBO,listed there. It is a gated community and they have shindigs going on in the clubhouse.
The also have an indoor pool which is always kept nice an warm.
Your family can visit with you as it is family friendly.
If you prefer a condo there are many that rent monthly in the winter. Those can be found on VRBO too.
Best of luck to you.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Thank you Gary and Summering! I appreciate those suggestions!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
After reading that you'd just like something simular to a studio I was wondering what LaQuinta would charge. There is a nice one about a block from the beach on 17 business. They should have studios, or two room suites. I love that they are always so nice and clean.
I know people winter in the Voyager Hotel right by the ocean, you might call them with questions. Actually there are a lot that say " we love our winter guests" and that they " do monthly rentals." Usually it is on their signs in the winter.
I can't imagine though that someone would just come here without plans.

Gary has a great idea...Google some and make a few calls. You'll be sure to find something you love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area