Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,646,683 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

My oldest who is about to turn 23, wants to go ahead of us and move on down. She plans on starting Georgetown Tech for the Spring semester for nursing. A few questions since she's in the pre-planning stage.

She wants to find work to get a studio apartment-something within a 15-20 drive over to Georgetown Tech. Are there decent areas around there and what can she expect to find the rental average for a studio to be?

She has waitress experience from working at a Ruby Tuesday's here. She did that for almost 2 years. Would she be able to find year round work in the food industry down there or is there a ton of competition? She won't go until she finds a job-she's applying for the majority of them online and says she's relocating.

Any advice would be great-it's time for her fly the nest and she's got a better chance at the nursing program there than our local college which it's taking 4 or more years to do a two year degree since there is a huge wait list.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 PM

4 posts, read 4,909 times
CampingMom,

Eventhough I have had foreign students stay in my home, who also attended Horry/Georgetown Tech, it would be difficult for me to give you the best advice, because they were both boys and were from Japan!

I feel Myrtle Beach is safer than many cities, but this does not mean crime doesn't exsist here. The area is loaded with 100's of Resturants, so with your daughters back ground, I am sure she would have no problem finding employment!

The best I can offer, if interested, is my being kind of a sounding board for any questions that you may come up with, for I could be of help in finding out different things you may wish to enquire about!

I only live about a 15 minute drive from Horry/Georgetown Tech, so know the area well and being the age of 73, would not post any threath to your daughter, if you know what I am meaning!

Take care and happy hunting,

Dan in Myrtle Beach, SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area