Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times

Advertisements

I notice Fort Lauderdale is not on the list ... if anyone is old enough to remember the 1960's movie "Where The Boys Are" ... that was a hot spring break location. I don't recall MB ever being a college spring break mecca ... but the high school students always head to MB. I recall being kicked out of a motel long long ago ... when we had 16 people sharing one room.

The high school students use to head to MB after graduation from high school too ... the free, free, free at last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 12:14 PM

130 posts, read 184,521 times
My friends and I usually never came anywhere near a beach for Spring Break, we flocked north of the border into Canada. After college and such is when we starting making our way into MB and OBX. I recall that during our one visit to MB it was during HS grad week. It wasn't all bad, it was noisy at night but avoidable. I recall being called the "Old Guys" in the rental area (we were only 21/22 yrs old lol)

Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM

142 posts, read 363,507 times
Good afternoon Folks please excuse my intrusion, I am directing my message to the gentleman who goes by the pseudonym of Pawleys Dude.

I am having a soirée on Saturday the 16th and would like to extend an invitation to you and your lovely wife, I realize this may be considered late, yet I would regret if you were not able to attend. I'll have my man call you to confirm your attendance.

But if you feel more comfortable, Friday night a few of us are going to be drinking some beers and shots out at the back of the driveway with a roaring fire going and if all goes well someone may slip off the dock into the creek and give us all a laugh.

By the way soirée is at my house in Socastee, acting like real people my sisters in the Inlet.

Gary

Old 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Perhaps it's just doesn't fit into the MB image you wish to believe. Every town, MB included, has areas that are not beautiful. Regardless of how distasteful one may find them, those places and those people are every bit as much a part of MB as are the beautiful places and the beautiful people.

Criticism of this show has gone from the ridiculous to the pathetic. It is nothing more than entertainment for those of us with simple minds who are able to laugh at ourselves. The MB wine & cheese set need to get over themselves.

Exactly, every place in America has them...everywhere. I laugh at real funny things. We may think of fun, and funny, in a different way.
Just rather not see MB trashed, its a great place with nice pleasant people.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
Good afternoon Folks please excuse my intrusion, I am directing my message to the gentleman who goes by the pseudonym of Pawleys Dude.

I am having a soirée on Saturday the 16th and would like to extend an invitation to you and your lovely wife, I realize this may be considered late, yet I would regret if you were not able to attend. I'll have my man call you to confirm your attendance.

But if you feel more comfortable, Friday night a few of us are going to be drinking some beers and shots out at the back of the driveway with a roaring fire going and if all goes well someone may slip off the dock into the creek and give us all a laugh.

By the way soirée is at my house in Socastee, acting like real people my sisters in the Inlet.

Gary
Now Gary...Aren't you having wine and cheese?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:50 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,830,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
Good afternoon Folks please excuse my intrusion, I am directing my message to the gentleman who goes by the pseudonym of Pawleys Dude...
LOL!! Lord Gary - My social calendar suggests there's a regatta at the yacht club that day, but my people will work with your people to address any unpleasant conflicts. There's about to be mail headin' your way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area