Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,759 times

Advertisements

I’m looking for a pizza place that kind of thinks outside the box when it comes to pizza. I’m sick and tired of the same old same old pepperoni and cheese type pizzas. I’m looking for a place that serves more unique pizza or “odd” pizzas. I’m thinking along the lines of mac & cheese pizza, alfredo pizza, garlic bread pizza, nacho pizza or just some thing odd and different. I’d like to step outside of the meat and veggies and eat something a bit different. I know CiCi’s does think outside the box some what but are there any other pizza places I should check out? I’ve been looking online but not finding menus for a lot of places, some I don't even find websites for just addresses or I’m just finding more of the same old same old when I do happen to find a menu. I saw where hungry howies does flavored crust, but I’d still like something a bit more unique then that. There seems to be a ton of pizza places in and around MB. I’ll even travel up to a hour to get a more unique pizza. Any ideas on pizza places I should check out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
We enjoy the Mellow Mushroom on 21st Ave. North, just across from Broadway at the Beach. It has a laid back, latter day hippie vibe, and they have seem to have more unique pizza flavors than most places. We initially discovered this place when we were looking for somewhere we could dine out with our daughter who happens to be a vegan. They are one of the few restaurants in MB that offer vegan options such as substituting tempeh and soy-based cheese for regular meat and dairy-based cheese, but of course they have the traditional types of toppings and cheeses as well, they just have some unique combinations that you don't normally see just anywhere. The soft pretzels on their appetizer menu are also to die for!

http://mellowmushroom.com/

Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm kind of vegan I don't eat meat. I also don't eat sugar, or drink caffeine. However i'm not heavy inot veggie either. I do eat regular cheese, bread and so on. It's kind of hard to me to find pizza I like since I tend to think outside the box when it comes to food, and eat differently then most. I'll have to give the menu a peak, maybe they will have something unique I can eat. Anyone else have any other ideas? Keep em coming, I need all the unique places I can find! Think along the lines of CiCi's but more more unique.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:29 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
I'm kind of vegan I don't eat meat. I also don't eat sugar, or drink caffeine. However i'm not heavy inot veggie either. I do eat regular cheese, ...
Ok, not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to understand. Kind of vegan? ... yet eat regular cheese (I assume that came from a cow?) ... I am vegan (by definition: A person who does not eat or use animal products) and regular cheese is not on the diet. Sorry, just looking for an explanation on that so I can help you better.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Ok, not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to understand. Kind of vegan? ... yet eat regular cheese (I assume that came from a cow?) ... I am vegan (by definition: A person who does not eat or use animal products) and regular cheese is not on the diet. Sorry, just looking for an explanation on that so I can help you better.
Just assume vegans don't eat meat, or anything from animals. I kind of eat vegan, again assume vegan is just a term for vegetarian. Since I don't eat meat I kind of eat vegan or vegetarian. I don't research it it I just know how I eat and don't eat. I don't know what else to call the way I eat, I just eat strangely so for lack of a better term I say I eat kind of vegan. I'm not even sure there is a term for people who don't eat meat, sugar or drink caffeine. I guess in a way i kind of eat sugar with carbs but I don't go out and eat ice cream, candy, pop, or what not. The last dessert I had was pie from thanksgiving two years ago, so I've ate this way for awhile now. I love regular cheese, bread and so on. I tried organic cheese but it was just nasty, so I gotta have my sargento, mac and cheese just aint the same with organic cheese.

Back to the original topic, Pizza! Anyone have any ideas? I did find a couple of places that serve alfredo pizza but that is about it so far. Well off to continue my research!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but check out the link and then look at the menu for the SC restaurants. They have some different pizza toppings/types that might fit the bill for you.

Travinia Italian Kitchen

Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,545,870 times
I just grab a large three cheese pizza from Walmart, put on my own topping to suit my mood and bake it up myself. Maybe not the best, but it is always hot and works for me.....

Old 04-02-2013, 11:02 AM

142 posts, read 363,415 times
I know what your looking, yet the closest thing I know of around here is ULTIMATE CALIFORNIA PIZZA! I always use to get the whole wheat dough with
what ever I was in the mood for, it is expensive and I think it has lost some of the quality it had years ago, which is why I don't go there any longer.

Gary

Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
This is amazing pizza. It'll be my first meal when we finally arrive.

Back to the topic, while I don't live there yet, I have researched many a pizza place there and it's hard to find much that's unique. However, Vienne's Pizzeria and Sports Bar in Murrell's Inlet has a wide variety of toppings including salami, eggplant, meat balls, cheese steak, broccoli and shrimp scampi.

I have never had their pizza, but they get very good reviews.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM

178 posts, read 329,463 times
Viennas has great pizza, in Murrells Inlet in the same plaza as the Pig (I think?) Just a little hole in the wall place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area