Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:56 AM

741 posts, read 1,751,194 times

Advertisements

Me any my wife are planning to relocate to Myrtle Beach/Conway area, as I got a job position in
Conway, SC. My job location would be in the zip code 29526

Please advice on the neighborhood or communities, where me and my wife can
buy a 4+ Bed / 2+ Bath home in a nice, safe and peaceful neighborhood/community with tolerable commute to work and that has great schools.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times
On that side of Conway, I would say Jessica Lakes (have 3 friends there) or Tiger Grand but there are a few others. On the south end, there are two or three but would really need more info. before suggesting neighborhoods. Good school part would be challenging but part of Conway is Carolina Forest schools, which have a better reputation than Conway schools. Did you want Conway? You didn't say price and that is a factor on neighborhoods also. Even if you liked Carolina Forest area, which is Myrtle Beach address, it's not a far commute to Conway. So there are a lot of subdivisions that would fit your needs but like I said, it depends on price and whats available in the time frame you need to move.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:12 AM

638 posts, read 993,393 times
Our favorite area is Market Common on the south end of Myrtle Beach. Check it out!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 PM

12 posts, read 58,728 times
Default Conway is not near Market Commons...

If you are still looking and have a job in Conway (west, central or east?), you do not want to live at Market Commons - great walking area, but about 20 miles from your job in Conway. I have lived here 5 years and just bought in what I call "east" Conway which is just over the line from Carolina Forest (part of Myrtle Beach) - just about all the stores you could want here + Tanger Outlets and only 9 miles from beach.
Good luck!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
Me any my wife are planning to relocate to Myrtle Beach/Conway area, as I got a job position in
Conway, SC. My job location would be in the zip code 29526

Please advice on the neighborhood or communities, where me and my wife can
buy a 4+ Bed / 2+ Bath home in a nice, safe and peaceful neighborhood/community with tolerable commute to work and that has great schools.

Thanks!
Just a 20 min or less ride to Conway and an 8 min ride to the beach I'd suggest Glenmere or Lake Park Plantation. I think there is a four bedroom coming up for sale soon at Lk Park.

The best location for shopping. Lowes Foods will even get your order ready and you pick it up for just $5.00. Great service for the working people, or vacationers. They are just up the street along with all types of stores like Kohls, Target, and Lowes Hardware.

Conway is a charming town in itself, best of luck to you.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:43 PM

5 posts, read 16,238 times
What does anyone think of Waterbridge?

Old 09-24-2013, 06:49 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal47 View Post
If you are still looking and have a job in Conway (west, central or east?), you do not want to live at Market Commons - great walking area, but about 20 miles from your job in Conway. I have lived here 5 years and just bought in what I call "east" Conway which is just over the line from Carolina Forest (part of Myrtle Beach) - just about all the stores you could want here + Tanger Outlets and only 9 miles from beach.
Good luck!

Gosh I remember when Carolina Forest was just a large sign all by itself along 501.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:05 PM

8 posts, read 26,784 times
I live in the Conway Country Club area and it is a highly desirable neighborhood. No Hoa fees and close to downtown. Our house is for sale but is only 3 bedrooms. My husband is an architect and engineer. He designed and built our house. Where will you be working?

Old 10-18-2013, 02:06 PM

8 posts, read 26,784 times
Angie-Waterbridge will be a great neighborhood. Still very under developed. My husband is an architect and designs almost all of the homes in there. He is def busy so it is growing fast!

Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Market Commons and the newer area called Clear Pond ? would be a good choice. Go past Carolina Forest HS and it sits on the back side of that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area