Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 03:44 PM

791 posts, read 1,158,678 times

Advertisements

At the end of November want to move down to South Carolina. Be easy to get work jobs at the resort hotels on the beach. Like to know what apartments complexes be good to get into for 12 month lease terms. I am coming from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 AM

790 posts, read 1,633,443 times
The end of November is not a good time to be looking for work at the resort hotels on the beach. This is typically the low season and all the resorts cut back until the summer.

There are a number of apartments in Myrtle Beach and recommendations would depend on your budget. A good place to start your search is apartments.com and you can check the ratings at Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters. . Palmetto Point Apartments are nice but whether they fit your situation would be up to your budget and your preferences.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 AM

17 posts, read 24,169 times
There is hardly no work period! ! November is not a good time at all! We have been stuck in this hole for 2 years, finally out of here next month. I can't tell you not to move here, but please bring plenty of money and try to find job before you move here. Life is very hard here! ! As for rent their are nice places, but very expensive! ! Crime is very bad, number 21 on top 100 US cities for crime and drugs are also very bad. Their are no full time work, got to work 2-3 jobs to almost make it and the pay scale is really low. I wish I would have research better before we came down. We had to learn the hard way

Old 06-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willaman31 View Post
There is hardly no work period! ! November is not a good time at all! We have been stuck in this hole for 2 years, finally out of here next month. I can't tell you not to move here, but please bring plenty of money and try to find job before you move here. Life is very hard here! ! As for rent their are nice places, but very expensive! ! Crime is very bad, number 21 on top 100 US cities for crime and drugs are also very bad. Their are no full time work, got to work 2-3 jobs to almost make it and the pay scale is really low. I wish I would have research better before we came down. We had to learn the hard way
I am now thinking Hilton Head. Good Choice?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:22 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
I am now thinking Hilton Head. Good Choice?
So based on one person's feedback, you're willing to change your plans? Read the many threads and posts about the "crime problem" in MB. Jobs are tough to come by in MB, that's true. Hilton Head will be more expensive, though, than MB. You need to do far more research than taking one angered poster's reply as the end all and be all.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
So based on one person's feedback, you're willing to change your plans? Read the many threads and posts about the "crime problem" in MB. Jobs are tough to come by in MB, that's true. Hilton Head will be more expensive, though, than MB. You need to do far more research than taking one angered poster's reply as the end all and be all.
I have funds for 12 month apartment or condo lease. I want to go back working at resort hotels. Housekeeping & or Laundry. I Want to move to South Carolina from Raleigh, North Carolina. I want easy drive times to and from work. November or December can start the lease. Additional thoughts?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 AM

2 posts, read 5,238 times
I wouldn't move to Myrtle Beach - take it from me I made a HUGE mistake moving here from CT in July. I have plenty of office experience and a Bachelors degree and I cannot get a simple full-time job, even at $8 or $10 per hour. I'm looking now to relocate out of here into the Raleigh area. I've had it here. People are also very slow in the hiring process here, they may take up to a month after an interview until you hear if you have an offer or not, crazy....

Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 PM

285 posts, read 642,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willaman31 View Post
Crime is very bad, number 21 on top 100 US cities for crime and drugs are also very bad.
Crime rate statistics for Myrtle are misleading as they divide total crime by steady population, when they should be dividing by the sum of steady population + tourists. That's a numerical flaw that unfairly biases cities that have higher tourism with artificially higher crime rates. In other words, the actual crime rate is not nearly as high as those statistics state. Moreover, as long as you don't wander out at 3am drunk then most sections of Myrtle are very safe. And most importantly, since the commissioners are forcing the strip clubs to move out with their new rules, crime rate will surely plummet

Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM

5 posts, read 23,105 times
I have lived here for 15 years. Seen this place go downhill thru the years. Crime IS extreme here. Ive had two incidents almost being carjacked in plain daylight right in the heart of Myrtle Beach. This is a tourist area so traffic is horrible and car accidents are horrible. Do your homework before moving here. I did not. Now Im moving to Montana!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area