Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,054 times

Advertisements

My family and I are in the process of relocating to the area I'd like some opinons of areas to rent. We've looked in the Arrowhead, Avalon, The Farm, Turtle Cove, and Walker Woods areas. To anyone living in these areas or have legitimate opinions about them, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 PM

790 posts, read 1,631,292 times
We rented in Arrowhead when we first moved to MB 3 years ago and loved it there. It's convenient to just about everything without having to go onto the major tourist/traffic routes...lots of back roads and alternate routes to choose from. It has a great pool and tennis courts and the communities within Arrowhead are run off the main road so that, even though the development has hundreds of houses, it doesn't seem as large as it is. Crime-wise, we left our car unlocked one night and someone stole our GPS but that was really on us for doing something foolish...leaving our car unlocked. We tried to buy our rental but the investor would not accept our offer and we couldn't find a house in Arrowhead to our liking at the price we wanted to pay when we were ready to buy. We ended up in a community down the road from Turtle Cove.

We looked in Turtle Cove to build but didn't like the quality of the builder so, as I said, we built a little further down Forestbrook. Turtle Cove, though, would have the same convenience as Arrowhead but the pool is smaller and has no other real amenities.

Regarding Avalon and Walkers Woods, the main way out of Carolina Forest is onto 501...major traffic in the summers especially on the weekends...we don't even venture close to 501 on the weekends in the summer. The Farm is probably better because it's on the other end of Carolina Forest and exits onto International Blvd...not as much traffic. The Farm seemed a little congested to me...but, that's just me.

Between all the communities you mentioned, I'd definitely choose Arrowhead...nice community, nice neighbors, convenient and nice amenities. I hope this addresses your questions. If you have any specific ones, just ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area