Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 12:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,780 times

Advertisements

We are a year out from our "pack it up and move to the beach" dream. We visited Topsail, the area of Holly Ridge and loved all the new construction although they were way too close together. Prices were great. Problem was there was no local shopping. Looks like you have to go to Jacksonville which we thought was rather awful, or Wilmington which is a way away for a run of the mill trip to a store. There just wasn't much to do which was fine with my husband. I was concerned where we could go to meet people and start a new social life. Myrtle Beach is still on our radar as the town offers everything one could need, but the prices of new construction is going up fast and they too are built very close together. We are in our late 50's and would still be working for a while, my husband is in I.T an I am a LPN. We want to settle in a place where we will have a good quality of life and an opportunity to "belong". Would appreciate any feed back on the best beach town for a couple who likes their space, but also wants to make some good friends. Thanks for any in site you can give! Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:59 AM

285 posts, read 643,641 times
You hit the nail on the head regarding Topsail ... too far away from shopping & social activities.

There are enough towns around Myrtle to satisfy your needs, but would need to know more about your specific requirements to make recommendations. What price range are you looking at? How much land do you require? What size house? Do you only want new construction or would you consider resale?

Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 AM

55 posts, read 97,352 times
I agree about new housing being too close to each other. We saw lovely homes, that would have been much improved if the builders had given them decent yards to go with them. Is it greed on the builders part? Who wants a beautiful home if you can reach out and touch your neighbors yard? We live in Little River which is just outside of Myrtle Beach. Close to hgwys, shops and the beach. It has moderately priced homes, and we have a decent size yard.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:21 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,055,804 times
I vacationed in Topsail as a kid, before it "grew".....

I would choose North Myrtle Beach....tons of stuff going on all the time, great bands...all in all, a great time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area