Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:40 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times

Advertisements

Did everyone see the "This is Life" CNN show on Sunday? I've never been to Myrtle Beach. Everything i've heard/seen about it makes it look like a shabbier Waikiki. Now after seeing this show, in which she shows how many "gentleman's clubs" exists to serve the golfers, I'm glad I spent my time and money in Charleston/Lake Marion instead. For those of you who LIKE MB, what do you find attractive about it? This is a serious question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 06:35 PM

161 posts, read 330,450 times
Believe me there is plenty more to MB than " gentleman's clubs"....Why the hell did she focus on that? I didn't see that show so can't really speak to what she said. We love it here. NOT RETIRED either. There is always so much to do. We came from Maryland and it is so much cheaper to live and it doesn't snow! We have many people who live a very "normal" life here, like you would anywhere else. Keep in mind, everyone has a different opinion based on what they like and what they came from. We have found true southern hospitality everywhere we go.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:29 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times
Well, that's something.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:37 PM

730 posts, read 1,315,526 times
I wonder if there was some northern bias and some liberal bias that generated the report?

We've spent much time in MB and have found it to be friendly and fun. There are a few gentlemen's clubs, but certainly not enough to base a whole report on.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:08 AM

29 posts, read 43,935 times
We love the area !! And like eureka said there is so much to do and the great weather and the people are all so nice and friendly��

Old 11-10-2014, 05:47 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
Every single show that Lisa Ling does, including those on OWN is about something debased and depressing. She must dwell in a very dark place. I avoid watching her shows for this reason.
I wouldn't worry too much about Myrtle Beach. Plenty of people enjoy going there, and will despite the negativity. As for me, I find it too congested.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:07 AM

35,736 posts, read 21,093,433 times
it's not depressing it is just showing what people do NOT want to see, the reality of many- so many I know who will say i don't want to see the news or read the paper, stay in denial. An old movie with George C Scott- (1979- Hardcore) showed a quiet rural man, cared nothing about the rest of the word until he lost his daughter to it.
I was 21 with babies on my lap and that movie opened my eyes- how could I protect MY kids if I did not know this stuff even existed.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 AM

215 posts, read 545,419 times
Over the years, this comes up every once in a while. Myrtle Beach, red neck Riviera, seedy, nude reviews and "gentleman's clubs" everywhere.

What they don't tell you is how the police and Myrtle Beach local gov't and Horry County gov't have tried to close these places down and then the owners have taken the city and county to court and activist judges have ruled in favor of the immoral businesses (my opinion).

And then reporters talk about what a sleazy place Myrtle Beach is, as if the people of Myrtle Beach are responsible for these places and support these places.

Myrtle Beach is a great place to live and a great place for family vacations. I make my living catering to the tourists (15 million) who come here year after year after year and they love Myrtle Beach and they think the local people are friendly and helpful. I know because I constantly ask them, people from all over the country, Canada and more and more, the world.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:57 PM

935 posts, read 1,651,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Did everyone see the "This is Life" CNN show on Sunday? I've never been to Myrtle Beach. Everything i've heard/seen about it makes it look like a shabbier Waikiki. Now after seeing this show, in which she shows how many "gentleman's clubs" exists to serve the golfers, I'm glad I spent my time and money in Charleston/Lake Marion instead. For those of you who LIKE MB, what do you find attractive about it? This is a serious question.
It may be a little over-simplified but the GrandStrand holds the widest flattest most beautiful beaches around - much more than the Charleston beaches. and it is groomed each morning ! Add a kinda active surf for swimming in Gulfstream warmed waters and it is really no surprise at why 'the beach' attracts so much - the good and the bad.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:03 PM

328 posts, read 434,877 times
If it were me now that I live here, the gentlemens clubs would be banned from any location within Horry country period.

We need to get back to being the Family Beach and Family vacation spot to come to for a great vacation.

If those who attend those clubs need to come here to do it let them go do their nasty thing elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area