Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 PM

8 posts, read 16,240 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me a list of neighborhoods in Forestbrook? How would you rate the schools in the Forestbrook area? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 06:53 PM

790 posts, read 1,622,890 times
Here's a link to most of the neighborhoods although there are a few new ones going up that aren't listed: Forestbrook Myrtle Beach Real Estate

Schools are rated well and feed into Socastee High School which has a very good rating.

Is there any particular neighborhood/area that interests you?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:12 AM

8 posts, read 16,240 times
Thank you @CTyankee54! We loved Forestbrook preserve but the wait is so long. Prices are incredible with all upgrades included and a community pool to come... But almost a year wait. What's the difference between Forestbrook preserve and reserve?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:08 PM

Reserve is already built out and an established neighborhood. We actually considered building there but when we were ready to build, they were at a stand-still (2010) and the developer who started it had gone out of business and then Flagship came in and finished it but after we had already built. Reserve does not have its own pool, but you buy a membership in the pool of the neighborhood next to it. But, overall it's very nice and Flagship builds a pretty good home.

Preserve is actually right next door to our neighborhood (The Park at Forestbrook). It's going to be almost 300 homes ultimately so it's going to be pretty large. I'm sure that they did not tell you but there is a sand mining pit being dug behind and to the left of the big berm in the back. It was supposed to be 5 acres but the owner is filing to have it an unlimited size. We're going to go the hearing (whenever that is) to try a limit the size. I don't know if you noticed the big pile of sand running all the way down the left side of the development (as you face the back). That actually is an open overflow ditch about 15 feet deep to carry any overflow water away from the pit.

If you do not want to wait for a house in the Preserve, there are a couple of houses for sale in our neighborhood. We have a pool, ponds for fishing and it's a gated community. We're only 49 houses so it's definitely a small community where just about everyone know everyone else.

Also, have you checked out Pebble Landing? It's a new development off McCormick (behind the Baptist church). I don't know much about it but the entrance is certainly nice. But, I don't think it's going to have a pool. Hanco Construction

Another established neighborhood to consider close to Forestbrook is Arrowhead. We rented there when we first moved here and loved the neighborhood. It's convenient to everything, has a huge pool, tennis courts, play area for kids, and it's built around a golf course. We actually tried to buy our rental house but the owner would not sell and we couldn't find a house in our price range with a floor plan we liked at the time we were looking to buy/build. The HOA fees are only $500/year. If you don't mind a house that's about 15 years old but in a very nice area, consider Arrowhead as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,995 times
Thanks for all the great info
CTyankee54. My wife and I have reserved a lot in Forestbrook Preserve and are waiting on street numbers to purchase the property. We are looking forward to moving there in the next 2 years.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 PM

Glad to be of help. I drove through the Preserve yesterday and was amazed that they had all the roads in for the next phase. Good luck with your build.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area