Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,607 times

Advertisements

OK, I've gone through so many hotel sites via triple A, Moderator cut: competitor site removed , friends suggestions my head is spinning and eyes are seeing double so I'm appealing to locals: for 1st time visitors, mom dad and 15 yr old son (who has a ton of friends heading down too so vicinity-wise, it's North Ocean Blvd. we're trying to stay near), what 's a good, middle and above price range, ocean front efficiency place to stay....April 11-April 17

So far, I have Sandcastle Oceanfront, Caribbean Resorts and Villa, Dunes Resort, Seacrest, Creek something, Hampton....oh it goes on and on...

Suffice it to say, we're reeling with choices and I'm so afraid of committing for a week and getting there only to find there were better ones...I have never been to a place with soooo many hotels to pick from and having never been there, it's overwhelming for me!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated and again, is the north or south end of the beach quieter....son's buddies are all staying primarily at the north end but a friend tells me south is more mellow.....

Looking to book in the next few days....

Thanks,
A cold Yankee

Last edited by Jammie; 03-03-2008 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: site removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 08:10 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,566,649 times
There are so many choices in Myrtle Beach. I always go by the reviews and the pictures on yahoo travel, hotels.com, etc. Don't stay anywhere with less than 5 reviews and always throw out the best and the worst. Also make sure you check out the pictures.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,074 times
The Carribean is nice. I'd skip Sandcastle. Ocean Creek is a resort to itself.

You refer to the 'North end'. I believe you have North Myrtle Beach and the north end of Myrtle Beach confused?

Make sure that you're in the same place if you want your son to be near his buddies.. otherwise, you're in for a little hike from one to the other.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:46 AM

91 posts, read 378,613 times
With that sort of group, you might consider a condo. Lots of room and surprisingly economical if you split the rent.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times
SmallTown, my experience has been that the north end is much quieter than the south end. The south end has the busy sections of Ocean Blvd with all the T-shirt shops & touristy night spots. Defeninately worth a visit & a stroll but I would prefer to stay north of 21st Ave North.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:37 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
The Carribean is nice. I'd skip Sandcastle. Ocean Creek is a resort to itself.

You refer to the 'North end'. I believe you have North Myrtle Beach and the north end of Myrtle Beach confused?

Make sure that you're in the same place if you want your son to be near his buddies.. otherwise, you're in for a little hike from one to the other.
The area of 5300 North Ocean Blvd is where his friends are staying...what would that be called: north end of Mrytle or North Myrtle Beach....told you I was confused
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,074 times
If they are staying near the Dunes Beach Club or Cherry Tree Inn, this is toward the north end of MB. I can't think of any of the hotels in the 5200-5300 block in NMB.

Interestingly enough, this area is where the historic Ocean Forest Hotel once stood. Many famed dignitaries, presidents, etc. stayed prior to it burning to the ground by a lightening strike in 1974. The circular concrete drive which extended from Hwy 17 is still there!

This area is also known as part of 'The Golden Mile'.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 AM

548 posts, read 1,980,235 times
There is the Island Vista (a condo style hotel) at the 6300 block which is not quite a mile from the 5300 block. I checked prices and a 1 bedroom (2 doubles and a pullout) runs $165 night before tax for that April week. Total for the week $1158.30 including taxes. I've heard good things about this place though never stayed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area