Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 03:21 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,691,621 times

Advertisements

Seagate is a very nice area and yes, well maintained. I have a friend who lives there and she loves it. You could be at the beach in about 5 minutes, if you lived there. The only issue I can think of, would be the number of bathrooms. I don't know for sure. My friend only has one bathroom, and that link shows a one bath unit. There may be some that have 2 baths. You would have to check on that.

If you live in Conway, it will take at least 25 - 30 minutes to get to the beach and the traffic on 544 can get pretty backed up during the tourist season months, so then you are looking at even longer. Conway has a very cute little downtown area, but the distance to the beach would be a deal breaker for me.

If you are moving in the beginning of 2017 - say January - you could rent a furnished oceanfront condo in Garden City Beach for a couple of months while you are looking for a permanent place. In the off season, the condo units at both Royal Garden Resort and Water's Edge Resort, rent for about $1,000.00 a month. Once tourist season starts, the rents skyrocket to about that much per week, but you would have a good 3 months or so to find a permanent place to live. Anyway, that's something to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area