Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,874,964 times

Advertisements

Hey guys....
I don't have a local ID card yet but I went to dinner at SeaFare (my FAV buffet in the MB area) and we got an $8 discount by identifying ourselves as local. I explained that I don't have my card yet but I gave our address. This is a wonderful advantage. Thanks for all of the info gang. I hope others read this and can benefit as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 09:47 AM

142 posts, read 363,438 times
Hi, take a look at MyrtleBeachPromotions.com they recently launched the site lists reastaurants, entertainment and other stuff for locals only with ID. I noticed that some of the early bird specials have extended times for locals, nice. What's really nice, is it is broken down by area.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:22 PM

113 posts, read 425,198 times
Wow! That's awesome! I didn't know places did that! Since I'm a new teacher down here, I have found that they really do like to help out the teachers! In September, teachers were able to go to all of the Ripley's for free! That was pretty cool. I've been to all of them before, but going for free just makes it 100 times better! Ha ha. They've had other discounts to the Boone Hall Plantation & I think Dixie Stampede. Just wish I lived a little closer to the coast.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:08 AM

Ah, Seafare closed down Sept of 2011 for good, the building burned to the ground the other day.

The MyrtleBeachPromotions.com site has changed and has great discounts at only the best restaurants including attractions and things to do.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:11 AM

I get the MyrtleBeachPromotions.com Fundraising Book which has many BOGO free and half price, it also has attractions and things to do included and is good for all of 2012, and I use it when friends and family come to town for golf so they get the best price to play.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:49 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,829,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
I get the MyrtleBeachPromotions.com Fundraising Book which has many BOGO free and half price, it also has attractions and things to do included and is good for all of 2012, and I use it when friends and family come to town for golf so they get the best price to play.
Hey Gary - Welcome to C-D. I've chatted frequently in the past with one of the guys involved with MyrtleBeachPromotions.com. Great value and they do a great job.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:52 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,717,779 times
I see this thread was started a while back, but here is a current discount that may interest folks.
The Hampton Inn offers a "locals rate" during the off season; its down to $80. We were told that it will end soon, but our understanding was that its "off-seasonal", so it may come back next fall, after the summer season.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
There are some fantastic local "golf" rates. They are advertized in the local paper.
There are also some very good local show rates. These rates come about usually during the start of a show season. ( also in your local paper)
There are some discount booklets for everyone actually found in the foyers of restaurants.
Happy Days in beautiful Myrtle Beach.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:02 PM

29 posts, read 43,926 times
I've been going thru the older posts here and came across this one. The newer posts are all talking about how the tourism causes everything to be more expensive in myrtle beach. Does anyone here have any updated info about these locals discounts?

Old 09-28-2014, 06:31 PM

285 posts, read 639,427 times
All golf courses offer a local rate. Tee times usually must be made within 48 hours and you must bring driver's license.

Many restaurants offer local discount. Angelo's Steakhouse gives locals a break on Mondays and Fridays. Hot Stacks in North Myrtle has a locals discount.

Really you just have to ask the places you frequent the most. Chances are some of them will give locals a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area