Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:56 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,547,614 times

Advertisements

We have a condo to furnish in about a month. I know there are probably better and/or cheaper places to shop. But because of the on-line selection, the financing deals and the current offer of a flat screen TV with a bedroom or living package, I figured I would order from Rooms To Go. We will need both a living room and a bedroom set and will want TV's for both rooms anyway.

While the "TV" is not free, the difference in price of the package with or without the TV makes the cost of the TV less then 1/2 of what we could purchase them from anywhere (online or in a brick and mortar store). So needing (wanting) the TV's, it is a worthwhile deal.

The only problem is, as stated in the fine print, the TV's are delivered separately by Best Buy. No problem except I inquired as to when. I was told that after finalizing my purchase and setting up a furniture delivery date, Best Buy would contact us for the TV delivery within 14 weeks. 14 WEEKS!! That is over three months we would potentially be awaiting TV's to watch.

Anyway, since Rooms To Go is active in this area, has anyone on this thread purchased one of the packages with the TV from Rooms To Go? If so, what was your experience please??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 02:03 PM

OK, sorry. I just called the local store and was told 14 days, not 14 weeks.

Still would like to hear from anyone who ordered one of these packages. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:08 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
Sorry, I haven't purchased anything from there but when I do make new purchases I research online by doing the following; type the store or company in Goggle followed by "complaints" or "reviews" and check out sites like Rip off Report. Maybe this will help if no one answers here.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 31,381 times
Smile Rooms to go and internet

I have been looking on the internet and the problems with Rooms to go. So far we have received our furniture earlier than expected. In great condition and yes I am waiting for the 50" TV too. Nothing so far on the internet has been true for us. We'll see about the TV but so far our rep at Rooms to go has been great and so is her quaility of service. I did go to the store to buy not the internet and that might be a difference.
Hopeful. Also look at the Better business Bureau They do A+
[URL]http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/furniture-retailers/rooms-to-go-in-seffner-fl-11000837[/URL]

Last edited by lkayler; 05-25-2010 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 PM

We furnished our Murrells Inlet townhouse via The Room Store. We furnished our Naples condo via Rooms To Go. Prices were about the same, but with the Rooms To Go living room and bedroom packages we did end up with two flat screen TV's that we needed anyway.

However, overall, I was happier with The Room Store experience than with Rooms To Go. The furniture seems to be better quality and the delivery was great.

Besides not being totally happy with the furniture quality from The Rooms Store, we had the following issues:

They could not prevent the TV's from being delivered several weeks before the furniture was scheduled. The problem was they were delivered to a condo we did not yet own!

The king bed we looked at at the store and believed we were receiving was not a platform bed. We were delivered a platform bed that made the mattress set so high you needed a step latter to get into bed! I had to do modifications so that the bed looked ok and was functional.

While the delivery people set up most of the furniture (which was part of the package price), they handed me three boxes which were the coffee table and end tables. They said they did not put them together! Therefore I had to spend two evenings putting them together. Why two? I got legs mixed up and ended up with end table length legs on the coffee table and visa-versa. And then there was all those white foam bits floating around.......

We received constant calls for a while from Rooms To Go to purchase a warrenty package. I think they have finally stopped......

Anyway, I would shop The Room Store again. I would not buy from Rooms To Go.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 57,198 times
The TV packages are enticing at Rooms To Go, but it is a gimmick to get u to buy their furniture The 50 inch TV is a 720p plasma which is so dated and their are so many problems with plasmas TVs. So they offer u the same Best Buy warranty which is not worth the money. But if you pick up on the side of the sofa and twist the frame you can tell the poor quality and if you run your hand down the top of the frame along the back of the sofas you can also tell the poor quality, and on the bedrooms if you ask the sales person if particle board is in it they won't give you a straight answer. Go buy you a LCD or a DLP from somewhere else and get you a quality TV and buy quality furniture from somewhere else because in the long run it is an investment. You don't want cheap furniture to get a outdated TV.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 54,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinc View Post
The TV packages are enticing at Rooms To Go, but it is a gimmick to get u to buy their furniture The 50 inch TV is a 720p plasma which is so dated and their are so many problems with plasmas TVs. So they offer u the same Best Buy warranty which is not worth the money. But if you pick up on the side of the sofa and twist the frame you can tell the poor quality and if you run your hand down the top of the frame along the back of the sofas you can also tell the poor quality, and on the bedrooms if you ask the sales person if particle board is in it they won't give you a straight answer. Go buy you a LCD or a DLP from somewhere else and get you a quality TV and buy quality furniture from somewhere else because in the long run it is an investment. You don't want cheap furniture to get a outdated TV.
you are so far from the truth its just stupid. 720 tv's are not outdated. hell you can't even tell the difference in a 720 and 1080 at normal viewing distance. and you must not have done ANY research on plasma tv's cause there are certainly not "so many problems" as you state it.

do some research pal before you start spouting off at the mouth.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,642 times
I wouldn't buy anything from Rooms To Go just because their TV commercials are so annoying.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 AM

3 posts, read 57,198 times
dude it stupid that you have not done the research, 720p's are outdated when watching sports or action movies you can tell the difference, especially on camera in and out shots, 720p plasma have alot of issues if you play video games, and watching movies if you leave the dvd on, the dvd can burn into the screen. Why do you think the extra warranty will replace the tv up to four times in four years. You do the research before you spout off at the mouth.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 54,787 times
Quote:
dude it stupid that you have not done the research, 720p's are outdated when watching sports or action movies you can tell the difference, especially on camera in and out shots
granted 1080 looks better, the average consumer will not be able to tell the difference unless they are watching movies/tv at a range of closer than 6 feet which i highly doubt anyone does. it also has a lot to do with the response time of the tv.

and for reference (since i do my research):

1080p Does Matter – Here's When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution) | CarltonBale.com 4th paragraph. and mainly the last sentence of it

Quote:
720p plasma have alot of issues if you play video games, and watching movies if you leave the dvd on, the dvd can burn into the screen. Why do you think the extra warranty will replace the tv up to four times in four years. You do the research before you spout off at the mouth.
LOL! permanent burn-in takes more than 10 hours. i don't care if you have a 720 or 1080, 10 hours+ of anything paused will fvck it up.

Plasma TV vs LCD TV - Plasma TV Buying Guide read the section on burn-in

Last edited by blackbeasst; 06-22-2010 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area