Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,268 times

Advertisements

My wife and I "accidently" discovered the Golden Gate Estate last month while coming back to Miami from our hunting lease further north near Labelle.

From SR-29 we drove west on Oil Well Road and couple of turns and about 20 miles later we ended up at some HD motorcycle facility just north of I-75. I believe this is western portion of the Golden Gate Estate. We spent about an hour driving around the area and we liked how quiet it was.

We are now looking for a large plot in the area to use as our personal recreational land. We want to find about 10-20 acres of wooded lot (next to canal would be great) where we can put our pop-up trailer and our 23' trailer and maybe a 20' shipping container for generator, tools, etc. We would like to drill for a well in future for bathing. We want to take our kids out there on weekends to camp out and plant vegetables. Maybe build a berm for kids to shoot their bb guns and rifles. I guess we could hunt on the land too as we saw couple rabbits, two deers and a hog while driving out at evening time.

Maybe in future we may build a small house on it to use as our retirement home.

We'll be going back in January to do some more scouting.

It would be great to have take the family and get away from the city thats only 2 hours from home. Our last "property" was up near Ocala and that was 4-5 hours so we only went up 3 or 4 times a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 05:39 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
I don't want to burst your bubble but you will likely have to be off grid/illegal and not be seen from the road as GGE is not zoned for what you want to do, including hunting.

The HD facility is at the edge of GGE.

It is quiet but it is not the wild west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples