Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 02:40 PM

51 posts, read 98,621 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me an idea of the cost to maintain a pool year round. Also, for the people who felt they had to have a spa with the pool, do you use it regularly? I have a spa in the Northeast which I do use about 3 t0 4 times a week but only between October and May.

We are looking for a home in Naples, I'm not sure if I would use the spa. Any comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 PM

85 posts, read 177,071 times
I average spending about $35.00 per month for chemicals and filter. I maintain it myself doing the brushing, vacuuming and washing the filter monthly and change it annually. The spa is used every other day in the winter if weather permits. I seldom get in if it's raining because it waters down my drink and cigs won't stay lit. On very cold evenings like now, too much of a shock getting out. Electric is a non-issue as the heat pump works only an hour to heat the spa. I only heat the pool if I have company.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:59 PM

260 posts, read 563,406 times
Solar heat would be the most cost effective way to heat your pool. Depending on what temp you want to keep your pool at, but it will fall short in the winter.

A pool heating unit, is basically like running your air conditioner backwards, so if you figure out how much your electric bill is in the summer, and you can figure what it will be all year long with the pool heater on.

I only use my pool about 5 months a year, from about may to sept. because i just can't get used to swimming in anything under 85 degrees.

But you may be comfortable in 70-75 degree water, so who knows..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples