Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,245 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone-

I am relocating to Naples on a job offer. Im going to be working at a local title company in the North Naples area. I ran a search on this forum and found that many people here think the community is very "old." I understand that Florida in general is more of a retirement community but I was hoping to have a social life since I am single. Im going to be renting a condo and was wondering where the 20 somethings hang out. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 PM

517 posts, read 1,092,183 times
Hi Carey1,

Welcome!

You should be fine here. It's a really nice area, and while of course there are a lot of retired people (so the demographics do skew older than in many other places), there's no shortage of younger people--college students, single young professionals, young families, etc.

I'm rapidly approaching that older demographic myself, so I'll have to leave it to others to fill you in on exactly where the 20-somethings hang out. I would say more generally that there are lots of groups, events, classes--a lot going on here--so just by getting involved with activities you enjoy, you'll be able to meet people.

Also, I've found this to be a very friendly area for newcomers. It's not at all unusual, when you get on a grocery line with just a couple of items in hand, for the person ahead of you to invite you to go first, or for the cashier to greet you genuinely warmly and ask you if you've found everything you need and/or tell you about their day. I think a newcomer would have to work very hard to feel isolated (compared to some places where it's hard for a newcomer to not feel that way--I've lived a lot of places, and this area of Florida compares favorably to many other places I've lived throughout the U.S. for that).

And be sure to get yourself a beach parking sticker--the sunsets here are unbelieveable!

Best of luck!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey1 View Post
Hi everyone-

I am relocating to Naples on a job offer. Im going to be working at a local title company in the North Naples area. I ran a search on this forum and found that many people here think the community is very "old." I understand that Florida in general is more of a retirement community but I was hoping to have a social life since I am single. Im going to be renting a condo and was wondering where the 20 somethings hang out. Thanks for the help!
According to my daughter who is in your age bracket-Mercato, Fifth Avenue South, and Fort Myers.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 AM

113 posts, read 286,499 times
We are moving there on the 13th --- I have a couple kids coming with me in that age range and will update here when they find the hot spots! I hope you love it!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 PM

146 posts, read 335,570 times
Twenty Something's love to hang out at Mercato, the sports bars, the beach, Naples Beach Club on Sunday for sunset by the pool (live music and dancing) 5th Ave South, all around FGCU campus, volleyball down by the pier, beach parties by boat on Keewaydin Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples