Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 10:05 AM

747 posts, read 848,160 times

Advertisements

Looking for a hotel/resort in the Naples area with some decent nightlife for when I kill my interview in 2 weeks. Somewhere in the $250-$300 range if possible. Don't want to get stuck paying for the Ritz if they don't truly reimburse 100% and don't want to take advantage of the employer.

I'll have a vehicle, so driving won't be a huge issue but the employer is in the county airport area. Somewhere near the beach/water I assume is going to be the best bet.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 07:39 AM

50 views and no input??? sighhhhh

Old 03-16-2015, 08:18 AM

1,628 posts, read 1,712,982 times
People who live here probably don't know the hotels and rates. I've been here about a year and have only been to a few hotel bars, but I'm married and retired.

Your budget is pretty good, so you should be able to find something nice. Do some internet searches on Naples hotels, check prices and locations.

Night life is not big in Naples, that is a separate issue. What kind of nightlife are you looking for? Bars with live music?

This is supposed to be a hot spot, haven't been there yet. Upscale Florida Bar | Live Entertainment | Happy Hour | Blue Martini

There are a lot of good restaurants, not a lot of happening bars for a younger crowd. Naples is not Miami.

Good luck with your interview. Are you sure you want to live here?

Old 03-16-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
People who live here probably don't know the hotels and rates. I've been here about a year and have only been to a few hotel bars, but I'm married and retired.

Your budget is pretty good, so you should be able to find something nice. Do some internet searches on Naples hotels, check prices and locations.

Night life is not big in Naples, that is a separate issue. What kind of nightlife are you looking for? Bars with live music?

This is supposed to be a hot spot, haven't been there yet. Upscale Florida Bar | Live Entertainment | Happy Hour | Blue Martini

There are a lot of good restaurants, not a lot of happening bars for a younger crowd. Naples is not Miami.

Good luck with your interview. Are you sure you want to live here?
Thank you. I suppose I should have clarified. I am 41 and not looking for South Beach nightlife but I have heard the bars/restaurant shut down after wheel of fortune.
Just looking for a place that I can have a few drinks, maybe some music until 10-11pm.

As for living there, no I am not sure. If the money is really life changing than it will be a tough thing to pass up. Things up here in NJ arent looking so hot nowadays.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:37 PM

This is "season" and things are hopping here. Most restaurants/bars are open to at least 10-11pm.

There is live music in a lot of places, though a lot of it is solo guys playing with backing tracks.

Depends on the night as to where bands may be. If you have a rental car, it will be easier to get around, Naples is pretty spread out.

The company interviewing you should give you hotel options especially if they are paying for it. Plus, you don't want a hotel a long way away from your interview. Traffic is pretty heavy now.

Naples is one of the nicest places to live in SW Florida. Not cheap, but very nice. Great restaurants, beaches etc.

If you get a more affordable hotel, you should stay a few days to check it out even if you don't end up getting the job and moving here.

Is Naples Florida a Good Place to Live? | Top 10

Old 03-16-2015, 05:23 PM

4,791 posts, read 10,613,723 times
OP,
I assume you have perused TA for hotels and 'stuff to do'...
If not here are a couple of links.

It is the third month of 'high season', so there are several joints that stay open 10-11:00 ish as movin1 noted.

No idea what any of the listed hotels charge.

'Naples', Collier County and much of SW FL is not bargain land for housing, jobs, et al.
Hope the job deal goes well for you.
GL, mD

30 Best Naples Hotels on TripAdvisor - Prices & Reviews for the Top Rated Accommodation in Naples, FL

Best Naples Restaurants: See 816 restaurants in Naples, FL with 54,642 reviews - TripAdvisor

Search results: Bars and Clubs Naples, FL - TripAdvisor

Old 03-16-2015, 06:04 PM

Here's more music spots:

Naples Live Music Bands: 10Best Concert Venue Reviews

Old 03-16-2015, 10:26 PM

102 posts, read 267,555 times
I like Old Naples for an interview at the Naples Airport area, only a couple of miles away. The Trianon, Inn on Fifth or Bella Sera should fall into the budget with plenty of bars in the close vicinity.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:53 AM

I will have use of my parents 2nd car and it is in the airport area. I prefer to pick my own place and not the prospective employer so I dont get stuck under the landing strip at the airport or something like that.

I have been checking Kayak mostly

Thanks all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples