Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2022, 04:30 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,560 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting snowbird friends who are renting in Naples for a few months -- I'm going the end of February. I tend to be an overpacker so need some guidance from the ladies on what weather may be like, how people dress up (or not) at the beachy area restaurants, etc.

I was browsing in TripAdvisor and the Tin City area seems interesting...what other places are nice to spend a few hours shopping and eating? We're not "athletic" haha, although the gents will be golfing. Are the boat tours worth it or just super touristy money pits?

I'm flying into the Ft. Myers RSW airport...they are supposed to pick me up, but is it hard to get a cab or Uber if for some reason they can't? And the cost?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 4,070 times
My wife always overpacks every time LOL. Although Naples weather is mostly beautiful during the winter months there are time, especially in Jan/Feb,when it can get cold here too. I.E. it was 39 degrees this morning and "only" going up to 63 today so you will need to potentially plan for that.

Although a bit touristy Tin City is nice. Once and done in my opinion. There is a sightseeing boat that leaves from there a couple of times a day and worth the tour. Beachy attire in Tin City and throughout most of Naples is fine unless you plan to do fine dining.

For more upscale shopping I'd recommend the Venetian Village -lots of boutique shopping and a few very good restaurants. Upscale or just window shopping downtown on 5th Ave is nice too.

Not sure about airport cabs or uber reliability.

Old 01-25-2022, 04:45 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Think Lily Pulitzer and Tommy Bahama. Resort casual.

Mercado is a nice place to dine and shop. Of course Old Naples and 5th Avenue. I like Vanderbilt Beach and the beach behind Tommy Bahama.

Old 01-29-2022, 01:54 PM

331 posts, read 453,223 times
5th Ave will keep you busy for one day (plenty of dining) and the Baker Art Musuem for another day. The Naples Princess has several cruises a day plus a sunset dinner cruise.3rd Ave is also a nice nighttime spot. I would suggest the Naples Pub in that area but there are some great eateries there also.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:48 AM

2,480 posts, read 1,552,838 times
Two places I would recommend if you have the time are the Naples Zoo and the Naples Botanical Gardens. Both are great, imho. 5th Ave is really nice to walk and has nice restaurants and cafes. We ate at Bha Bha’s Persian Bistro the last time I was there; I think that was on Ninth Ave.

You will want to return. It’s a beautiful place. Enjoy.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:52 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
I like the Village Shops at Venetian Bay. Lots of great restaurants with spectacular water views. I like the Fish House. Tin City is a bunch of kitschy stuff. Not a must see to me.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:18 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I like the Village Shops at Venetian Bay. Lots of great restaurants with spectacular water views. I like the Fish House. Tin City is a bunch of kitschy stuff. Not a must see to me.
Yeah we only go to TinCity once a year- the stone crab festival.

Naples has great shopping along with golf, tennis, boating, and pickle ball. That to me are the big draws. The zoo is nice, but after living in Miami it pales in comparison. But for a local zoo, it has a good selection of animals. We lost our tiger last month because a janitor tried feeding it after hours and the cops had to shoot it.

Venetian Village Is a nice spot. Turtle club is a great place to eat with your beach views & toes in the sand.

5th ave can be done in 1-2 days, also check out 3rd street south. Porches on 5th is the 2nd Thursday of the month and a nice gathering. Our office is on 5th ave and we love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: