Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 AM

22 posts, read 60,928 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for property in the area and, as I have children, have been concerned about schools. The realator I'm working with tells me Williamson County then Sumner are the two areas to consider. Williamson is looking too costly so Sunmer (Hendersonville) is the area my wife and I are concentrating on. Can anyone offer suggestions on schools in this particular area. In particular, Henderson High? My kids are still elementary age so I'm looking down the road a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 03:56 PM

334 posts, read 1,282,661 times
Actually it is Hendersonville High. And if you look for Sumner County Schools - Home that should tell you about the different schools in the area. Hendersonville is a nice place but I was driving through that area the other day and it is GROWING big time. There was construction everywhere. I was wondering who is going to fill up all these houses but I guess from looking at this board it is obvious Tennessee is becoming overcrowded just like the states everyone is coming from.

Hmmm...if I was a wandering soul I'd be thinking the wide open spaces of Montana.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:22 PM

421 posts, read 1,691,445 times
Both the high schools in Hendersonville(Hendersonville High and Beech High) have good reputations.Sumner County seems to fund their schools well.

firepower

Old 06-28-2007, 02:16 PM

11 posts, read 34,479 times
Hendersonville actually has 3 high schools. Their newest is Station Camp. I grew up in H'ville, but moved to Franklin 8 years ago. If you have school age children I *highly* recommend the Indian Lake Elementary school district. The middle school would be Ellis, and Hendersonville HS. My children went to Indian Lake for a few years, and we all loved it!

Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 PM

42 posts, read 163,521 times
Default hendersonville schools

I have three children in the Sumner County school district, one in elementary school= nannie Berry, one in Middle school-Ellis Middle and one will be a senior in Station camp H.S. Hendersonville is growing and becoming so popular, that they are re-zoning every year. They are about to add another elementary school close to Station Camp.

If you need any other questions answered, yes I too am a Realtor, I work at an office in Hendersonville/ chdzine@comcast.com. perhaps I can answer your questions.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:28 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Station Camp High is actually located in Gallatin, though you could probably throw a baseball from the parking lot into Hendersonville, especially if you get your supplements from BALCO.

SCHS was built to ease overcrowding at Gallatin HS as well as Hendersonville and Beech, so even though it's technically in Gallatin, it draws its student population from both cities.

It's still relatively new and I'm honestly not sure what kind of a reputation it has, but I can't imagine it not being a good school. Hendersonville and Beech are both excellent high schools.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:02 PM

334 posts, read 1,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Station Camp High is actually located in Gallatin, though you could probably throw a baseball from the parking lot into Hendersonville, especially if you get your supplements from BALCO.

SCHS was built to ease overcrowding at Gallatin HS as well as Hendersonville and Beech, so even though it's technically in Gallatin, it draws its student population from both cities.

It's still relatively new and I'm honestly not sure what kind of a reputation it has, but I can't imagine it not being a good school. Hendersonville and Beech are both excellent high schools.
I have relatives with kids at Beech and at Station Camp. They are both good
schools. I know the principal at SC and some teachers at Beech. They are all good and caring educators.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:17 AM

22 posts, read 60,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmomto5 View Post
Hendersonville actually has 3 high schools. Their newest is Station Camp. I grew up in H'ville, but moved to Franklin 8 years ago. If you have school age children I *highly* recommend the Indian Lake Elementary school district. The middle school would be Ellis, and Hendersonville HS. My children went to Indian Lake for a few years, and we all loved it!

From my research, I agree. It seems Indian and Nannie Berry are fairly equal and Ellis gets good reviews. I get the sense that Hendersonville High has a little more to offer than other schools in the area. Thanks!

Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM

11 posts, read 34,479 times
Yes, Nannie Berry is also a very good elementary school. My nephew will be in 2nd grade there when school starts. The Indian Lake/Nannie Berry area is considered the best area of H'ville to me, and I know lots of others who would agree. I think you would be very happy to live in that area. Good luck with your decision!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville