Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 PM

24 posts, read 50,766 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. My family and I are considering moving to around the Nashville area from Memphis. We are interested in a conservative, old-fashioned, KJV Baptist church and living in a rural setting, but within about an hour of Nashville. We are wanting to meet some other conservative Baptist families. We also homeschool. What areas would be the best for us?

We would preferably like to have atleast 5 acres with a 4BR house and a fairly large outbuilding to store business equipment. We would prefer to be in an area where homes retain their resale value or would not be difficult to resell. It seems in some small towns around Nashville, the houses are expensive for what they are compared to Memphis, and are just not moving.

Where would you suggest? Are there any good, conservative KJV churches or home fellowships in the area that you know of?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 AM

215 posts, read 681,907 times
I would be just the person to help you out.You will really love Hendersonville,Mt.Juliet,and Fairview,TN all those are paleoconservative areas near Nashville,TN which you will really like.In fact if I could afford it I would most likely move to one.

I like them and am always here keeping up with them so the left-wingers won't infiltrate.Good luck in your move and anytime you need advice just direct message me and I will be happy to respond.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,118 times
While Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville are conservative in that they vote Republican, they don't really have many of the types of churches you are talking about. They're mostly filled with mega baptist churches and non denominational modern worship places.

If I were you I'd look further out on the fringes of the metro area where the land is truly rural, again, unlike Hendersonville and Mt Juliet...I can't speak for Mt Juliet but 5 acres with a 4 bedroom in Hendersonville would likely come with a very hefty price tag.

I would recommend looking in Trousdale, Macon, Smith, Dickson, or Robertson counties. These are all part of the Nashville metro area but haven't seen the explosive growth of some
of the other counties so they are cheaper, more rural, and more likely to have the atmosphere you're looking to find. Good Luck with your search!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
vivelafrance is right on, 5 acres in Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet would be pretty expensive and not necessarily "rural". At least not probably what you're wanting in a rural experience. I also second his recommendation on the counties to look at. You can also find that type of lifestyle in the northern and eastern areas of Sumner towards Westmoreland and eastern Wilson County towards Watertown.

I'm not sure exactly how you'd define a KJV Baptist Church, but you will most definitely find a large number of Baptist congregations of all sizes (and on all shades of the conservative to liberal spectrum) in Middle TN. In my experience, the further out you get from the metro area, the more conservative denominations tend to get.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 PM

Thanks for all the information. I was wondering about Westmoreland. Is there much shopping there? Where is the closest Kroger? Does anyone know of any existing small KJV Churches in that area or within an hour of Westmoreland? By KJV, I mean adhering to the King James Bible as the true word of God--everyone "on the same page" so to speak, not using all different translations (which causes confusion), preacher preaching out of the King James, Kids memorizing the King James, members believing the Bible and doing it, etc. These churches do seem to be small congregations--not the "mega" entertainment-type churches, but churches where the sound word of God is preached. If you know of any such churches, please respond here or send me a private email. I appreciate all the good feedback from everyone.

Also, what about Lafayette, TN? Are there any such churches there? Thanks a lot!

Last edited by southronlady; 01-26-2011 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 PM

22 posts, read 38,691 times
There is a church like what you are seeking in White House, Pastor Ionello. I think I spelled that right. When we move, we will be checking out that church as well. We are KJV Baptists and right now I only homeschool one of my children. We are moving to the area on the 6th of Feb. We are coming from Rochester NY.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM

you can look at the wordoflife.org I think for good churches as well

Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM

Tennessee

Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 PM

Great! I have seen the White House church's website. That is more what I'm talking about. Why are you moving to the area if you don't mind me asking? Can you tell me any more about the church in White House?

Last edited by southronlady; 01-26-2011 at 11:18 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 PM

Did you mean www.wayoflife.org?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville