Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times

Advertisements

What about what gets sprayed for termites around all the houses? I have yet to sign up for a service but it seems like big (bug) business here in Nashville. Will start another thread about that . . .

BUT the Association fees go to common areas and I must say they ARE kept very nice. The iconic white fences (they remind me of South Fork, Larry Hagman), and the entrance to every neighborhood has flowers, shrubs that are planted seasonally. There's a magazine called Magnolia that we get every month, that can also be picked up at area grocery stores. I think I saw it at Publix? Probably some insurance as well. The walking trails are great! You can see them on Google Earth. And the location really is very convenient to a lot of things. There's also Grassland market up the street with a post office inside, great Chinese, pizza, and Sonic, a couple of vets.

I spent a LOT of time looking at places with my RE agent and she said that Franklin Farms has done a good job of retaining it's value as a development and she attributed that to the different price points. From senior housing, condos, small 1300 sq feet houses to the really grand ones. They won't let the place go to pot because you need to keep the value in the higher end homes.

Oh, the condos. My RE friend has the listing for one of them and I think the 'condo/association" fee was almost $200 so be sure to check. In our case there were TWO fees, one to FF and one to the neighborhood we live in. You can see the different neighborhoods on the map on the website. Be sure to ask!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 PM

24 posts, read 69,642 times
Sorry for moving up an older thread, but some were asking about the toxic chemicals being sprayed in Fieldstone Farms, and were wondering if all of the subdivisions used the same sorts of chemicals. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. I only have specifics for Fieldstone Farms. Anyway, the first treatment will be at the end of February. I will be distributing information during the next few weeks in the neighborhood, and, in the meantime, I've put the schedule on a website, fieldstonefamilies.blogspot.com
Since I'm working alone on getting people involved in this, this may take awhile. If you have any further questions, please PM me.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Lots of subdivisions don't have HOAs. (Look for those without pools, or ask your agent.)

Doesn't mean your neighbors won't spray, but it's something!

Old 02-20-2011, 09:00 AM

24 posts, read 69,642 times
Yeah, I know the neighbors are spraying, and I don't mind that so much. But I don't like it when the neighborhood playgrounds are sprayed, and the walking paths where kids walk to Hunters Bend Elementary. Last time they sprayed was Thanksgiving weekend, and all the kids were home from school and playing on the swings right after the chemical treatment.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 AM

I understand. Another reason I love my neighborhood. The chemical use in this area is terrifying. The best we can do is control what we can and try and avoid known risks. (Then forget about it and get on with your life.)

Good luck. Make your best choice and enjoy your new home!

Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I understand. Another reason I love my neighborhood. The chemical use in this area is terrifying. The best we can do is control what we can and try and avoid known risks. (Then forget about it and get on with your life.)

Good luck. Make your best choice and enjoy your new home!
Oops- confused you w/previous poster looking for house. Now I see you're a FF owner trying to educate others about chem use. Good for you! I hope you're able to coordinate a safer plan for your neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: