Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:09 PM

147 posts, read 334,455 times

Advertisements

Comcast is great for Internet. Their TV service sucks however. I don't know how many times I've tried to watch a channel that I pay for only to have an error code that says "you don't have subscription to this service." OnDemand also doesn't work a large part of the time. Just last night I tried to watch a movie with my girlfriend and it kept giving an error message like 2 minutes in. Last time I was at my parents house we bought a movie and it freeze for 10-15 seconds every 10 minutes or so. These problems are ridiculous and while they can easily fix the problem of you not getting service to channels you should over the phone, they can't do anything for OnDemand (in my experience) other than credit your account if you bought a movie and tell you it should be available later. I'd rather spend money on the movie and not have to talk to Comcast at all.

I pay around $100/month which includes several channels that aren't standard. If there was a better alternative I would take it. I think my parents pay around $200 per month and they have the same problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
My wife and I have clearwire and when we signed up we knew we might move back someday and asked if clearwire was availible in Nashville and he said only downtown or very close to the city, Is that true ? Or can you get it all around Nashville ?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Dave is a gamer, too! He said that cable would be faster, but we have DSL extreme or something like that and it's almost as fast as cable. He loathes Comcast for a myriad of reasons so Comcast is not an option!
We had the DSL Extreme in FL. When we came here Doug decided he ddn't want it again (wasn't fast enough for him) now we have U-verse which is AT&T and it's even faster than cable! So far it's been great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: