Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM

297 posts, read 1,079,476 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Brentwood with my wife by the end of summer. Could someone please tell me if the area is still growing, or do you think it has reached its peak and will only decline?

I also noticed that Antioch is relatively close to Brentwood, does any of the crime spill over? I assume that homes in the heart of Brentwood and away from Nollensville Pike would be the best places to live. Is there a general location within Brentwood that is considered the best? I'm looking to buy a house from $500-$650, so not sure if I'll be priced out of some the more exclusive areas.

Any other information/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 02:16 PM

250 posts, read 1,015,290 times
Wink Brentwood

Brentwood is pretty much land locked, with very little new construction still in progress. However, there is no decline in property values in the foreseeable future as Brentwood is such a desireable location. As far as crime, check the city demographics and crime information with the Brentwood Police Department or PM me and I can send you the information directly. Williamson County (which includes Brentwood) has a very low crime rate.

To outsiders, anywhere with a Brentwood address is considere pristene. To those who live in Brentwood, I'm sure they'll tell you certain developments are more prestigious, such as Princeton Hills, Annandale and such.

There is a small area of Brentwood that is located in Davidson County, so you might stay within Williamson County if schools are important and law enforcement jurisdictions.

In your price range, you'll find older homes and some newer ones as well, so you should have a good selection to choose from. As of today, there are nearly 100 homes on the market in that price range in Brentwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
I am planning to move to Brentwood with my wife by the end of summer. Could someone please tell me if the area is still growing, or do you think it has reached its peak and will only decline?

I also noticed that Antioch is relatively close to Brentwood, does any of the crime spill over? I assume that homes in the heart of Brentwood and away from Nollensville Pike would be the best places to live. Is there a general location within Brentwood that is considered the best? I'm looking to buy a house from $500-$650, so not sure if I'll be priced out of some the more exclusive areas.

Any other information/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,640,396 times
Just one sugggestion- if you or your wife will be commuting during the usual times, drive it before you buy. Some areas are MUCH better than others. If you end up buying in a neighborhood off of Concord to the east, know that the traffic there during peak times can really back up. Just past Lansdowne it goes down to 2 lanes and there are MANY large subdivisions past that for miles. Not ideal.

Brentwood's beautiful, though. Great public schools, low crime, you'll love it there. If you need a great realtor, ours was AMAZING. PM me for her number.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville