Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 12:10 PM

83 posts, read 134,283 times

Advertisements

We are relocating there Mid june and looking for rental house and have found one that is on the west side of the Ellington Ag center between it and the HWY. The crime tracker on the Tennessean shows quite a bit of crime in that area but you can never tell with out really knowing the area.

any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM

610 posts, read 1,626,298 times
Isn't that Crieve Hall area? It should be safe. Tennessee has a weird thing of counting every infraction during the crime, making it seem like crime is much higher than other states who count each crime as just one, not per infraction...

Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks, yes it looks to us on the map that it is south of Crieve Hall and just east of Brentwood. Looking for any other info on this area.

Main intersection is Trousdale and Oakley dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Isn't that Crieve Hall area? It should be safe. Tennessee has a weird thing of counting every infraction during the crime, making it seem like crime is much higher than other states who count each crime as just one, not per infraction...

Old 05-26-2011, 02:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
I would call that Crieve Hall. It's north of Brentwood and in Nashville.

If the crime is property crime, I would just take the proper precautions: alarm system, lock doors, don't leave anything in your car.

If the crime is drug-related or assault, I would look elsewhere.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM

Crieve Hall is very popular, lots of older basement ranchers but major renovations inside, decent prices, and good elementary school, too.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,738,777 times
I love Crieve Hall, it's convenient, big lots, great neighborhood association. Here's the link for the association:
default.aspx (http://20tn.club.officelive.com/default.aspx - broken link)

They do a tour of homes every year so people can see some of the neat renovations that are being done.
Ellington does some special programs occassionally, as does Radnor Lake, which is very close. And Traveler's Rest is also in Crieve Hall.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,354,128 times
West of Ellington shouldn't be a problem. That's a pretty quiet area.

East of Ellington, on Edmondson, can get a little dicey (mainly to the north).

Trousdale and Oakley is a pretty good area IMO. Some of the houses are on the smallish side, but most of the properties are pretty well kept. I like the area because of the mature trees. It has a nice, grown up feel about it.

I don't think there are many areas of Nashville proper that would be safer than where you are looking.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 AM

Check this thread for more info of Crieve Hall courtesy of nashvols.
//www.city-data.com/forum/nashv...ieve-hall.html

Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM

59 posts, read 194,204 times
Crieve hall is a great area for the price range. I would definitely coming down for a visit though to get your own feel of the area. Some people love the melting pot demographic that it offers and the ranch style homes. If thats not what you are looking for than i recommend looking in another area of town.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Thanks to all who replied but we ended up finding a rental in a different area so we can close this thread. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville