Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM

23 posts, read 81,707 times

Advertisements

Flying out to visit the area in 10 days. There's much info about Franklin here but not much on Spring Hill. Anyone care to compare the two? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
SH wasn't for me because I usually work in Nashville. Once you see the parking lot that is 65 headed S from Franklin at rush hour, my bet is you will agree. However, if you won't be commuting north, then by all means check it out. Beautiful country, great prices, Williamson County schools, it's all there!

Good luck. Hope your visit goes well!

Old 08-21-2007, 02:10 PM

Thanks for the reply. I work in the restaurant business so my commute into Nashville would not be during rush hour.

May I ask where you live? Any sub-divisions of Franklin you'd rec?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Sure.....give me a hint:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazbird833 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I work in the restaurant business so my commute into Nashville would not be during rush hour.

May I ask where you live? Any sub-divisions of Franklin you'd rec?
That's pretty vague. What's your criteria?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,700 times
I live in Franklin and LOVE it...what's your price range and I can give you some subdivisions to consider???? Do you have children in school or a need for daycare?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM

Our price range is $275K-$325K.

We have an 8 year old so schooling is important. I know high school is a ways off but we want to be zoned in the best area for the best High School. I believe that's Franklin High School - rated 4th best in the state.

If we lived in Spring Hill, that would be Independence High. But if it's a growing community I'm betting there will be another school built in the not too distant future. Anyway, what have you heard about Independence? I've been to greatschools.net and it doesn't seem to match up with the others.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Franklin v. Spring Hill

Okay, with this budget, you can afford either Franklin or Spring Hill. To be in Franklin High school district, you'd be looking at something like Fieldstone Farms (I used to live there and loved it--lots of walking trails, playgrounds, walk to Publix/haircut/Blockbuster). Rogersshire and Founders Pointe are other options in that price range and school district. All three of these, the homes were built in the early to late 1990s. If you'd consider Centennial High, you'd open up to Forrest Crossing, Cannonwood, Sullivan Farms, Liberty Hills, and several others. So there are many options for you depending on the size and age of the home you're interested in.

In Spring Hill, yes...there will likely be another high school by the time your son is ready, so choosing a home down there based on school districts is not really going to be a guarantee. The same applies for Franklin, which experienced rezoning recently as well. You just can't count on school districts staying the same anywhere, especially looking 5 or 10 years down the road.

go to Your Middle Tennessee Real Estate Expert - Middle Tennessee's Real Estate Expert for Brentwood, Franklin, Spring Hill, and Greater Nashville and click on schools. You can search demographics and statistics there for all Williamson County schools. You might also check out Franklin Special School District - Home and Williamson County Schools for other information.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazbird833 View Post
Our price range is $275K-$325K.

We have an 8 year old so schooling is important. I know high school is a ways off but we want to be zoned in the best area for the best High School. I believe that's Franklin High School - rated 4th best in the state.

If we lived in Spring Hill, that would be Independence High. But if it's a growing community I'm betting there will be another school built in the not too distant future. Anyway, what have you heard about Independence? I've been to greatschools.net and it doesn't seem to match up with the others.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:52 PM

This is a big help, thank you. Fieldstone Farms is #1 on our list. Neighborhood and homes there look really inviting and we can't wait to see it. Interesting what you're saying with regards to rezoning. I will surely look into it more. We will also be looking at Sullivan Farms and Cannonwood. Seems like FF is a bit more our style. Since you've lived in FF, how would you compare it to Sullivan and Cannonwood. We'll be there in a week to see ourselves but it's always great to have opinion from those who really know the intangibles like you do.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Cannonwood is a very tight neighborhood. Also, it's right off I-65, so getting into Nashville is a breeze. Forrest Crossing is a beautiful neighborhood. I think there's still a registered sex offender there though. Check online to be sure! Sullivan Farms just seems like a pain to reach from anywhere. At least there's that new Target shopping center nearby now! Fieldstone gives you a large development and a wide range of prices, but it's also "out there" in relation to the freeway.

Good luck on your trip!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Franklin v. Spring Hill

Comparing the neighborhoods you described...let's see here:

Fieldstone Farms: I think there are something like 4,000 homes in there...a mix of townhomes, single family homes, luxury homes and even a 55+ section. I know families who have literally moved 3 or 4 times just within the neighborhood, moving up every time. It is huge, but is well kept. The HOAs are very good about staying on top of each section. They have their own elementary school (Hunters Bend), and their own daycare (KinderCare-my son went there for 2 1/2 years). They also have a shopping center with Publix, Blockbuster, a haircut place, a couple resstaurants, dry cleaner and bank. There's a Walgreens on the opposite corner. There are various parks throughout the development and walking trails literally everywhere. I used to pull my son in the wagon and walk over to Publix to grocery shop. There are tunnels under Hillsboro Road (the main road that separates the two sides of Fieldstone), so you don't have to cross the busy roads. It's very family oriented, they have two pool houses and tennis clubs, fitness centers and such. Lots of activities throughout the year for the development. Oh, and they have their own firestation. It's a great place to live and it's very walkable. It's located just 10 minutes from I-65 (which is also a gorgeous drive through the hills). You're 15 minutes south of the Green Hills area north and about 5 minutes north of the downtown Franklin square. The mall and all shopping are within 7-10 minutes away. It's a great location

Cannonwood is located on the opposite side of I-65. It's a much smaller neighborhood, with approx. 120 homes on larger lots. It's located less than 5 minutes from I-65 and just one exit south of all the shopping...malls, restaurants, etc...of Cool Springs. Depending on where the home is in Cannonwood, you may have some interstate noise because it is just parallel to I-65.

Sullivan Farms is a little further south of the other two. You can either go through downtown Franklin from I-65 to get there or you can go one more exit south of Hwy 96 and get there from Peytonsville Rd. There are close to 850 homes, sectioned off by different price points. It does have a different feel than Fieldstone or Cannonwood, but it has a flare all its own. It's further from the mall and other shopping, but there's a Target and Kroger very close by. Traffic will be more of a challenge from Hwy 96 to the Peytonsville Rd exit in the evenings and if you go through town, but it's still a great area to consider.

As far as sex offenders, they are everywhere...if you pull the maps in these locations and zip codes, you'll see them scattered throughout. It's unfortunate, but it's also the reality. You can see for yourself here: Location Based Services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville