Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM

450 posts, read 1,503,704 times

Advertisements

The title says it all......

We are moving to Portland from California and will be there April 21st and we are wondering if we should renew our Costco Card...

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:56 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post

We are moving to Portland from California and will be there April 21st and we are wondering if we should renew our Costco Card...

Thanks...
Go ahead and renew it as we have 2 stores in the Nashville area. One on the West side of town, and one in Brentwood, in the Cool Springs Mall area.

I've heard they are coming to the Hendersonville in the Indian Lakes area, so right now it's a wait & see thing.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:32 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,281,046 times
The one in Franklin, TN is about 50 minutes away and the other one in Nashville is about 40 minutes away from Cottontown, TN. I'm still hearing about Hendersonville, too, which would be about 30 minutes away.

You can always wait until you get to TN to renew your Costco card here instead of doing it ahead of time if you're not sure you want to renew it yet.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM

187 posts, read 612,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post

Thanks...
I was wondering the same thing, so I googled it and found this..... I hope it happens

"Six corporations looking to relocate to Middle Tennessee are considering
making Hendersonville's $1 billion Indian Lake Village their new home as the retail, office
and residential development heats up its push to be the next Cool Springs.
"We're talking with users from 20,000 square feet to 200,000 square feet so we're getting a
broad range of interest," says Danny Hale, who is developing Indian Lake as managing
partner of Halo Properties.
Indian Lake developers also are courting a high-end car dealership, Costco and trying to
lure 10 stores from nearby Rivergate Mall - including department stores - to add to their list
of high-end retail stores, which open in March."

Old 04-04-2008, 03:14 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
As artemis mentioned, there are at least two Costco's in the Nashville area, and probably more to come. It would be a bit of a long drive from Portland over to the west side of Nashville but it wouldn't be too bad on the weekends if you were looking for "big ticket" items. That one isn't far from an Interstate off-ramp so you just have to sail down I-65 and take I-40 towards Memphis and get off at the Charlotte Pike exit. It would take you 45 minutes or so (I'm guessing), maybe even a little less.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:49 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,281,046 times
I emailed Costco and asked if they were opening in Hendersonville. I did this about 6 months ago and they told me there were no plans to open.

I emailed Costco again yesterday with the same question and this time was told there was no information at this time that could be given to the public - sounds like something may be in the works to open there now.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 AM

450 posts, read 1,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I emailed Costco and asked if they were opening in Hendersonville. I did this about 6 months ago and they told me there were no plans to open.

I emailed Costco again yesterday with the same question and this time was told there was no information at this time that could be given to the public - sounds like something may be in the works to open there now.
Thanks Barb.....That sounds like a positive sign. It is pretty cool that they are at least responding to your e-mails. Corporate America does not do that to often..

Old 05-19-2008, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 10,265 times
Hello I am a resident of Hendersonville and I cut meat for a store in Nashville. I was reading the interest of a Costco being built around the Indian Lake area and would be very interested in a job there. If there is any info on this possible Costco being built please let me know.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 PM

252 posts, read 390,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
I was wondering the same thing, so I googled it and found this..... I hope it happens

"Six corporations looking to relocate to Middle Tennessee are considering
making Hendersonville's $1 billion Indian Lake Village their new home as the retail, office
and residential development heats up its push to be the next Cool Springs.
"We're talking with users from 20,000 square feet to 200,000 square feet so we're getting a
broad range of interest," says Danny Hale, who is developing Indian Lake as managing
partner of Halo Properties.
Indian Lake developers also are courting a high-end car dealership, Costco and trying to
lure 10 stores from nearby Rivergate Mall - including department stores - to add to their list
of high-end retail stores, which open in March."
Sounds Great!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 8,085 times
THey are building a SAM's Club (yuck) across the street from the "Shops at Indian Lake". I would love it if Costco comes to Hendersonville as there are those of us who hate Walmart/Sam's Club and will not patronize those stores. Cool Springs is way to far. Come on Costco...get the lead out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville