Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 08:57 AM

57 posts, read 67,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuels View Post
Don't know about Martin's but, the Old JITB

If you are on FB, follow here.
https://www.facebook.com/Southeaster...84344151733030
I am actually not of Facebook (or any other social media), but when I click on the link it tells me it is broken or has been removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 09:34 AM

145 posts, read 204,085 times
It won't work if you aren't on FB
Just says: JUST LEASED - new restaurant! Announcement coming soon

Old 07-12-2021, 10:28 PM

34,057 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuels View Post
It won't work if you aren't on FB
Just says: JUST LEASED - new restaurant! Announcement coming soon
This used to have many updates, and as someone who lived in town ten years and still likes the region, I am curious. What is happening? New restaurants? New retail? Hotels? Businesses?

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:36 PM

256 posts, read 482,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
This used to have many updates, and as someone who lived in town ten years and still likes the region, I am curious. What is happening? New restaurants? New retail? Hotels? Businesses?

Thanks.
Agree, it WAS a very popular thread that used to get frequent updates. It seems to have all but died off now. Everyone must have moved to local Facebook groups.

For an update:

Over at the Streets of Indian Lakes, the old Mimi's that closed down 8+ years ago (and has been empty ever since), will finally get a new tenant - a Chase bank. How exciting! Looks like they're about finished remodeling the joint. That'll make 8 physical banks on Indian Lake Blvd alone.

They should rename the Streets of Indian Lakes to Ghost Streets of Indian Lakes. There's so many empty stores in the complex it's quite pitiful. I know COVID has taken out a lot of business, but the place had a bunch of empty slots in it before COVID.

It gets quite messy at Saundersville Rd and the RR tracks. The city hasn't moved forward with the tunnel project under the CSX line like it's supposed to. The State says the City has to complete the project, but at the same time the State hasn't put a deadline on the project or a completion date. So pretty sure that's going to take forever to get started, if at all.

Hendersonville is pretty much grown all it can (on E Main), and now has to move northish of 386 for available land (which is happing). Long Hollow Pike is ever so slowly loosing it's wonderful country road charm. They're tying development after development to it, mucking up a nice quaint country drive that went from Gallatin to Goodlettsville.

Gallatin will go from 1 to 3 Publix's soon. All of which are pretty well strategically located. Kudos to Publix for locking up the land and being first to plant their flag in new growth areas. There's an actual Gallatin Tower Crane sighting in town (next to the square) that's recently been erected. It'll be used for the building of the new County court house. Driving towards the square, it was a sight to see it poke out above the Square on the horizon.

The Albert Gallatin extension, that'll extend the current Albert Gallatin Rd directly onto 109 (with an overpass and on/off access to 109) is moving along nicely. In this area, The County/City are in the final stages of approving a massive development project called Nexus. Bringing in 2,500 new households if it goes as planned. Approval of the project was a no-brainer, as the city will clear $15 million in new taxes. This project is in addition to the 1,500 already approved new households going in just adjacent to this project (The Meadows).

There a another project that will have some housing, retail and a new Pred's ice rink going into a development called "The Goat Farm", located at Shute Lane and Nashville Pike. Looks like an interesting project. Double Dogs (sports bar'ish) recently opened up and seems busy every night. Whataburger is also supposed to be planting roots in Gallatin as well.

There's too many people moving into Sumner County. Gallatin's population alone has grown 53% since 2010. During a June meeting in 2020, it was announced that Gallatin is getting 200 residents a month. Real Estate and rent is nutso, and it keeps climbing. Everyone seems to think it's has to crash at some point, but it's on fire now and has been for some time. The average sales price is up 12% from the same time in 2020. Sumner is quickly becoming Nashville North with very little delineation between the two. Sumner County did make the national new recently. A CBS article listed Sumner county as the 8th (out of 10) least affordable counties in U.S. In the same list, 6 of the other counties were all from CA. Sumner's hanging out with the West Coast cool kids now. I wonder what the Chamber of Commerce thought about that bit of national attention?

Of course 386 and many of the road in and around Sumner County are paying the price for said growth, along with some of the charm of the towns that's going away. I guess that's just the price to pay for "growth".

Old 07-14-2021, 03:53 AM

Thanks, BigCityMike. I hope the Streets gets it act together. I like the concept, but execution has not been superb, to say the least.

I must admit I disliked Mimi's all along.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Great updates, bigcitymike!

That former Mimi's location must be cursed (or waaaaay overpriced) because as soon as something seems like it's ready to move in (Mellow Mushroom, Martin's BBQ) nothing more is heard of it. Chase has been fairly aggressive about expansion in the area so that makes sense that they'd move in there with their unlimited deep pockets, but I'm definitely not excited about that. I'm also not going to hold my breath until I see it done and a sign out front given the recent history.

Gallatin city council must be getting serious kickbacks for apartment complexes and subdivision developments. Schools are already busting at the seams and I'm not sure the new Liberty Creek cluster is going to really address the issue after about 4-5 years at this growth rate. It's a great problem to have, I suppose, but my sense is the planning is scattered at best.

The Whataburger location in Gallatin (next door to the Buffalo Wild Wings) seems to be coming along. Looks like the ground has been cleared and it looked like quite a bit of heavy equipment was in there prepping the site.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:00 PM

382 posts, read 489,005 times
Gallatin is much less anti-growth than Hendersonville. You can hardly plan a subdivision of upscale homes in Hendersonville without people throwing a fit. (And the people throwing a fit often live in newer subdivisions themselves)

Old 09-13-2021, 08:38 AM

145 posts, read 204,085 times
Most of you know Zoes is gone, but Rock and Roll Sushi is moving in to that spot.

What I am really excited about is Gyros King coming to Glenbrook, near H'ville Grill!

Old 09-13-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Great updates, bigcitymike!

That former Mimi's location must be cursed (or waaaaay overpriced) because as soon as something seems like it's ready to move in (Mellow Mushroom, Martin's BBQ) nothing more is heard of it. Chase has been fairly aggressive about expansion in the area so that makes sense that they'd move in there with their unlimited deep pockets, but I'm definitely not excited about that. I'm also not going to hold my breath until I see it done and a sign out front given the recent history.

Gallatin city council must be getting serious kickbacks for apartment complexes and subdivision developments. Schools are already busting at the seams and I'm not sure the new Liberty Creek cluster is going to really address the issue after about 4-5 years at this growth rate. It's a great problem to have, I suppose, but my sense is the planning is scattered at best.

The Whataburger location in Gallatin (next door to the Buffalo Wild Wings) seems to be coming along. Looks like the ground has been cleared and it looked like quite a bit of heavy equipment was in there prepping the site.
When did Shanes close in Hendersonville? I loved that place. Thought the food was excellent and a great value.

I assume based on the web Chop House in Hendersonville is still around. Best Prime Rib I ever had (chutney not bitter), great brown bread (warm), just 416 last I looked -Sunday-Thursday.

It was $11 in 2014 when I left. I went 75% of Sundays, 25% to Carabbas nearby.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:51 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
When did Shanes close in Hendersonville? I loved that place. Thought the food was excellent and a great value.
I'm going to guess maybe 3 years ago? It was a good spot. Seems like when they announced they left they said they may come back in the area at another location but I don't think they have.

A place called Rosie Food and Wine went in where Shane's used to be maybe 18-24 months ago and it is, my opinion, the best restaurant in the area. Rivals any meals I've had in Nashville at "trendy" spots.

Quote:
I assume based on the web Chop House in Hendersonville is still around. Best Prime Rib I ever had (chutney not bitter), great brown bread (warm), just 416 last I looked -Sunday-Thursday.

It was $11 in 2014 when I left. I went 75% of Sundays, 25% to Carabbas nearby.
Yep, Chop House is still around and seems to be succeeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville