Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,729 times

Advertisements

we are planning a move to the nashville area. my husband wants to be close to nashville so i'm looking in to surrounding areas. i know next to nothing about the surrounding areas so i thought i would ask. my husband has been looking at homes on the net and found some he likes in thompson's station and mount juliet. if anyone has any info on these two places i would much appreciate it. we have a son that will being starting kindergarten next year so schools are very important to me plus i want to feel safe. i want my child to be able to play outside without me having to keep a leash on him

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 05:29 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
I don't live in either area, but I know people who do. One comment: the commute from Thompson Station to Nashville is a bear. I work with a guy who makes the commute; he says it sometimes takes him an hour and a half from Thompson Station to MetroCenter (which is just northwest of downtown Nashville).

Franklin, Mt. Juliet, and Thompson Station are all nice areas, and each has it's own "personality".

Old 08-25-2007, 08:12 PM

160 posts, read 502,634 times
I've just moved to Mount Juliet from St. Louis this June and our family loves it. We live in Willoughby Station and are able to let our kids (K and 3rd grade) play outside unsupervised without any worries, after homework is done of course! Most of our neighbors have kids and we all keep an eye on each other's kids. It's a wonderful sense of community!

Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 AM

15 posts, read 55,361 times
I moved from NJ to Spring Hill,TN( just south of Thompsons Station.) The traffic here does back up, but it is nothing to me. I lived 15 miles outside of Philadelphia and It could take an hour and a half to get in the city. The I-65 is scheduled to be widened, and once you get to know the back roads you can miss alot of the traffic. The Spring Hill /Thompsons Station areas are quiet, beautiful and safe with GREAT SCHOOLS!! I believe Thompsons Station Is in a UNincorporated area and you rely on the county sheriff for police and the volunteer county fire department. In Spring Hill, you get a city
police dept, 24/7 paid fire/EMS. There is also currently NO CITY PROPERTY TAX in Spring Hill. you only pay a county tax( this will only change when the voters say so)
you can get more house with the money you save in taxes and if you live on the Williamson County side of town you get the same schools as Thompsons Station.

I hope this helps you.
If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 11,729 times
Smile Thanks

thanks for the info. i'm still unsure. i was leaning towards thompsons station but the traffic is a turn off.

i'm interested in the public school system. how does it measure up to the private schools in the two areas? i want to pick the best possible school for my child (of course). i also understand that the best is a matter of opinion. any info would be wonderful.

thanks again

Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 PM

42 posts, read 163,440 times
Default thompson station

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy View Post
thanks for the info. i'm still unsure. i was leaning towards thompsons station but the traffic is a turn off.

i'm interested in the public school system. how does it measure up to the private schools in the two areas? i want to pick the best possible school for my child (of course). i also understand that the best is a matter of opinion. any info would be wonderful.

thanks again
Hello teachermommy:

I never like to tell a person how awful schools are. I feel that it should be an individuals decision. Every child is different, and every child's needs vary.

Of course, proper funding for a school system is key. And teacher to student ratio is another good indication of how the school is doing.

I always tell my clients to go visit the schools. Take a tour, see for your self.

If you need anymore info email me @sissygirl03@comcast.net

good luck

Linda

Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,743 times
I have lived in Mt. Juliet my whole life and I wouldn't live anywhere else. The schools here are awesome and the people are just as great. I have family also in Thompsons Station and believe you me the only thing they have that we don't is more traffic and crime. Mt. Juliet just recently built a mall with lots of name brand stores as well as we are getting a new Wal Mart, Lowes and Publix. The town has grown but the down home feel has stayed the same. My ONLY daughter just started kindergarten this year at W.A. Wright and I think its the best school in Mt. Juliet. So yes I would recommend moving here to Mt. Juliet, it always has and always be home to me.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Thompsons Station has MORE crime than Mt. Juliet??

Old 09-25-2007, 05:35 PM

15 posts, read 55,361 times
What crime are you talking about?? J8DNZ Ma Somebody steel some farm animals??
Please, people come on this forum to get REAL answers.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:59 AM

443 posts, read 1,792,538 times
Mt Juliet just got a mall? Wow thats uptown now. No comparision if you ask me, I'd stick with Thompson's Station. If traffic is your only concern, I can't imagine traffic from Mt Juliet being that much better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville