Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,297 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'll, I've recently accepted a job on Great Circle Drive near Buena Vista Heights/North Rhodes and need to find an affordable rental in a month. I start my new job mid-march.

I really don't know much about Nashville having only actually spent any time the day of my interview.

I am looking for a rental that accepts pets in the sub $800 range.

Initially it will just be me but in a few months my fiance and her 2 kids (7yo and 2yo) and a large outside dog (Weim).

I know that north Nashville typically isn't great but I want under a 30min commute.

What are good areas that I won't need to don combat gear to run to the car at night?

I'm coming from a city in Mississippi (60k ish) and have lived in the country most of my life. I don't mind urban but I do need a fenced yard for the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyinms View Post
Hey ya'll, I've recently accepted a job on Great Circle Drive near Buena Vista Heights/North Rhodes and need to find an affordable rental in a month. I start my new job mid-march.

I really don't know much about Nashville having only actually spent any time the day of my interview.

I am looking for a rental that accepts pets in the sub $800 range.

Initially it will just be me but in a few months my fiance and her 2 kids (7yo and 2yo) and a large outside dog (Weim).

I know that north Nashville typically isn't great but I want under a 30min commute.

What are good areas that I won't need to don combat gear to run to the car at night?

I'm coming from a city in Mississippi (60k ish) and have lived in the country most of my life. I don't mind urban but I do need a fenced yard for the dog.

Check East Nashville or Inglewood. That would keep you close to work.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,204 times
been looking at a house on monroe street...would be me, my dtr, and her two litle girls...used to live in east nashville back when i called it the wild, wild west...and it got better...do u see this happening for the buena vista historic hood? and what do u think of the buena vista enhanced option local school at 9th street?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 PM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
To the Metro center area you could look at West Nashville/Bellevue or North Nashville. Something to avoid would be Brentwood/Franklin. Traffic going past the downtown loop takes it over your 30 minute limit. If your hours are 7-4ish you could be fine in good weather. Add some accidents or 8-5 & things change fast. Basic route will take you to I-65 north of downtown.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 PM

86 posts, read 210,816 times
Another decent option could be Whites Creek. There are some great spots out there that are more spread out than some of the other more urban areas, and it would be a straight shot down Clarksville Highway to get into Metrocenter. That would be easier than taking I-65 in from the north, as the interchange with Rosa Parks Blvd, the only exit into that area, is always clogged with traffic.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
The only areas of North Nashville that I would recommend for safety would be Germantown, Salemtown, and Hope Gardens in that order. Germantown and most of Salemtown are pretty pricey. Some deals can be found in Hope Gardens but its also a bit rougher than the other two. Buena Vista is experiencing some gentrification and IMO it's probably a good time to invest in the area but renting is another story and you would definitely have to be the urban pioneer type to really enjoy it. I know they have a very active neighborhood association. Also never confuse Buena Vista with Buena Vista Heights, lol.

You might look into some of the northern suburbs. Goodlettsville is another option and a bit closer. For something more small town/rural and also pretty cheap Greenbrier and Ridgetop are good places to look.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,297 times
Thanks y'all. I got an apartment in Madison and will be moving in next week

Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM

334 posts, read 1,282,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyinms View Post
Thanks y'all. I got an apartment in Madison and will be moving in next week
Yep. Hope it's in the calm part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville