Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Well it has been a while since I lived in my home state. I did live in Hopkinsville back in 2002 through 2005. My mother and grandmother lived in that area since the early 90's. Most of them have moved back to Western Tennessee.

At any rate, I have been working in cellular and have a new opportunity with AT&T engineering. My office will be located in "Clarksvegas".

I have kids now, one 8, one about to turn 1. I wasn't to interested in neighborhoods for families and children when last I lived in the area, and I never actually lived in Clarksville although I did visit quite often and I'm familiar with the area.

So my question is, how much have things changed in the last 7 years or so? Where are the best school districts?

I'll probably be in the mid 70's as far as salary, so housing won't be much of a problem anywhere, I would like a good neighborhood with hopefully good schools and close access to swimming areas and lakes.

I don't have to live directly in Clarksville. My sister lives in Dover and drives the 35 miles a day to go to work, and she is trying to talk me into moving there. Honestly, I don't want to live that far out in the sticks, unless I'm closer to Nashville, etc. A 20 mile commute is really all I'd want to make, and the shorter the better. I will have to travel for the company quite a bit in their vehicle, and I have to be in the office at 8, and leave at 5. Then drive home from there.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I don't want to drop in the middle of "methville" or anything like that. I also don't want to put my son and daughter into a school area that is, well, less than "favorable" would be the PC answer. Probably looking at public schools, I will make good money, but not that good.

My family lives in NW Tennessee and SW Kentucky for the most part. So I will go and see them on the weekends periodically, but we'll probably spend a lot of time at home and heading for the big city to the south when football season starts up, etc.

I think that about covers the extent of my questions right now. Sis is busy looking for houses as she is much more familiar with the area at this point then I am, but as I said, she is wanting me to move to Dover, so I don't think she is going to look all that hard.

Thanks ahead of time for replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,028 times
I've lived all over Clarksville and Sango (37042) is probably the best. I've known many people that lived towards Adams, TN which is technically out of Mont. Co but it has nice houses and a nice school system (The ones that live in Mont Co are zoned for Rossview).

St. B. is pretty good I hear. 37040 is the main zip codes and those places are hit or miss with some being great and some being less favorable.

I currently live on the New Providence side of town and although I don't find anything "bad" about it. It's a bit cheaper rent wise. but it still considered a bit rougher and less favorable than the other sides of town.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:59 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,518,801 times
Dover is in the sticks, for sure. I kind of like it, but yeah, it's the sticks. Sango off of exit 11 and the Rossview area off of exit 8 are the best areas in Clarksville, in my opinion. As has already been mentioned, New Providence is a bit rougher. I'd avoid most of the northern parts of Clarksville, especially closer to the military base.

Adams is beautiful but very rural. But still within decent driving distance to Clarksville. If you choose Adams, stay on the Montgomery county side. The school you'd be zoned for on the Robertson county side isn't all that good.

A little further down towards Nashville is Pleasant View, which is rural but growing. One grocery store, a Dollar General, a few fast food places and a couple of nicer restaurants. There's a new Japanese restaurant, which is something I never expected to see there. There are some nice homes there. I don't know where in Clarksville you'll be working, but the drive to Pleasant View isn't bad. The interstate isn't bumper to bumper like it is in Nashville. Pleasant View is off exit 24. Off exit 19, which is between Pleasant View and Adams, is Cedar Hill in Robertson county. Pretty, but rural. No grocery stores or anything. Same school as Adams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville