Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM

8 posts, read 9,252 times

Advertisements

Moving to Nashville in 3 weeks coming from Nevada. I have searched the forums and seen many debates about neighborhoods, but not really many threads talking about specific places people should live.

I need specific apartment recommendations, if you please. We are looking for a nice and updated or new apartment.

The facts:
- married couple with young child and want more
- must accept pets
- must have w/d hookups
- no more than $950 a month
- must be safe!
-must be in Nashville- no suburbs

My husband will be working in South Nashville, so we'd like something relatively close to his work.

Would be nice:
- lots of shopping/parks within walking distance

Can anyone please give me the names of specific apartment complexes that we should use to begin our search?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,844,358 times
Just so you know, Nashville is a large city in size so there many be nice complexes in the suburbs that are closer than parts of the actual city of Nashville.

So are you looking for more of a big city atmosphere? Because there are parts of Nashville (Bellevue, Cane Ridge, Hermitage, etc.) that look and feel very suburban even though they are technically in the city limits of Nashville.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 AM

We are coming from Vegas and here at least, we live in the burbs- Henderson to be specific.

I guess I shouldn't say living in the city proper is a must. Originally my husband wanted to live in Nashville proper, but he is also willing to sacrifice that for good schools, nice parks, clean and safe community.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove90 View Post
We are coming from Vegas and here at least, we live in the burbs- Henderson to be specific.

I guess I shouldn't say living in the city proper is a must. Originally my husband wanted to live in Nashville proper, but he is also willing to sacrifice that for good schools, nice parks, clean and safe community.
You can find those things in Nashville proper although the high school situation is a bit sketchy. I was just trying to find out your reason for wanting to be in the city to determine what areas may be best for you.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 PM

Honestly, I don't mind living in the burbs. I'm 33 with a child and more to come. I care less about city life now. I will happily sacrifice city life for a safe and clean place to live. The husband did want to live in Nashville proper, but I would have to talk to him for his reasoning.

I would love living in a walkable neighborhood, but know that can be done in the suburbs as well.

Does anyone have specific apartment communities they could recommend? A shorter commute to South Nashville for work would be preferable.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 PM

610 posts, read 1,624,190 times
Nipper's Corner area. Lots of apartments on Edmonson Pike would fit your price range, and zoned for good elementary school. Essentially in South Nashville. Names to look for Arbors of Brentwood, the Preserve, Brentwood Downs. I personally lived at Arbors and loved it. 15 minutes to downtown and 15 minutes to Franklin.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM

Of those, Brentwood Downs is way out of our price range and the other two are going to be either out of our range or at the high end of our price point. Is Nipper's Corner in East Nashville?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 PM

And they all get TERRIBLE reviews online. Why does it seem like every apartment complex we are looking at gets terrible reviews? The location of the Arbors seems like it would be good for us. Is there much within walking distance?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 PM

Nippers Corner is in the southern part of the city.

Lenox Village is a walkable community also in the southern part of town. I think apartments there start around $800.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
I think it's mostly people who are REALLY dissatisfied who tend to do 'reviews' - of apartment complexes, hotels, restaurants. You have to be really excited to bother doing a positive review and the middle ground don't bother. "Living here is OK."

There's a lot to be said for checking out a place in person. Are there loud boom boom cars driving in and out at all hours? Unsupervised children? Barking dogs? The noise from a highway? A security gate that is always up?

I looked at a house that had a TRAIN RUNNING THROUGH THE BACK YARD! No mention of that in the listing . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville