Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,691 times

Advertisements

Looking for people who were on a bus trip from Nashville to Jacksonville, Florida in 1964 to see the Beatles. I don't remember the name of the man who got the trip together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,453 times
I was on this trip that left from the War Memorial Building to drive to Jacksonville in 1964. Unbelievably I was 13 at the time and my friend was 14. My parents must have been nuts. Was the guy's name Eddie something... I'm not sure. I went on two other trips- one to Atlanta and Memphis. It was called the Beatles Bus Caravan and may have been affiliated with WKDA.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,257 times
Wow, that would have been really cool. What was the setlist like, if you remember? How close were you all?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:21 AM

116 posts, read 440,026 times
Although I was still almost 30 years from being born when they hit it big, they are my favorite band, and the inspiration of my songwriting style. That show must have been amazing!

Here's the typical '64 set list:
The Beatles' 1964 world tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"You Can't Do That" is one of my favorite songs. Love that electric 12 string sound!

Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM

116 posts, read 440,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz83 View Post
almost 30 years from being born

Ha! Just noticed that I hit the "3" instead of "2." That should read almost 20 years.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 4,611 times
Been a long time since I made that post and had really forgot about it, but I never forgot the trip. Hopefully you will read this post. I was on the Atlanta trip as well. And yes the first name of the man was Eddie. If you use FACEBOOK maybe we could talk about some old memories.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Those trips were a very special part of my life. Over the years I have thought so much about all those people and wondered what happen to them, where life took them and if those trips were as special to them as they were to me? I remember getting close to home on the bus and not wanting it to end. At that age I did not think about getting people's name and addresses. We were total strangers on a bus trip to see the Beatles and maybe that was our only real connection, but those people I never forgot and never will. Thanks for all the memories and I hope life was special to each of you.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:56 PM

I remember the excitement of awaiting the evening we would be leaving. I rode uptown to meet the group who were going on a Nashville city bus. We did meet in front of the War Memorial Building. I had made a banner to go on the side of the bus that read BEATLES OR BUST. I don't remember if we got the sign on the side of the bus or not. I know there was a picture taken of the group, but never saw a copy of it. I'm guessing the date would have been September 10, 1964. The actual show was on a Friday night, September 11, 1964. We were actually going into a hurricane. It was very windy to say the least. The stage was enclosed with "chicken wire" and very high above the ground. I would say our seats were on about the 50 yard line, maybe a little closer. I remember Jackie DeShannon being on the show for sure. You could feel the excitement in the air, on the faces of those around you and when the Beatles came out it was totally "wild". With the wind blowing and being outside as well the sound was not very good, but who cared, this was our time, our moment to see the hottest act in the world. Their part of the show was around 30 minutes, but the memories have lasted forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: