Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM

23 posts, read 59,042 times

Advertisements

Some Questions About Murfreesboro I recently posted a message on this board about Knoville. In it I said that my wife and I were planning to move to the Knoxville area.

We are now having second thoughts about that due to the "perceived" increase in crime.

A little over 7 years ago we lived in both Nashville and Murfreesboro. From what we understand, these areas have grown a lot. While living there we loved it.

Would like to hear from someone who lives in either Nashville or Murfreesboro at this time; or at least recently. How is the quality of life? Is Murfreesboro still a safe place to live work and play? We have heard it is growing like crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,987,988 times
Default re: Murfreesboro

I think it's safe, and I live in one of the more undersirable areas with a large portion of section 8 tenants.

You'll hear much more complaints about growth, traffic, and bible parks than you will crime.

This is just my opinion, but M'boro is nice now, but in 10 years or so it won't be. There is a crazy amount of development going on, but I haven't seen many good paying jobs come here to support the growth.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:51 PM

23 posts, read 59,042 times
Thanks Mike. Do you have any idea what the average home price is? Anything decent under $100,000?

I would love to hear from anyone else as well.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:12 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,987,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrock View Post
Do you have any idea what the average home price is?
According to Murfreesboro Real Estate and Murfreesboro Homes For Sale — Trulia.com, the median sales price in Murfreesboro from June-Aug 2007 was $149,500.

Quote:
Anything decent under $100,000?
In my opinion, they are few and far between. I guess that also depends on what you consider decent.

It is definately possible to find something suitable under $100K, but it will take patience and compromise. If you have construction skills you could probably find something to fix up.

If you don't mind sharing walls, you could probably get a condo or a townhome for low 100s.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,910,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrock View Post
Some Questions About Murfreesboro I recently posted a message on this board about Knoville. In it I said that my wife and I were planning to move to the Knoxville area.

We are now having second thoughts about that due to the "perceived" increase in crime.

A little over 7 years ago we lived in both Nashville and Murfreesboro. From what we understand, these areas have grown a lot. While living there we loved it.

Would like to hear from someone who lives in either Nashville or Murfreesboro at this time; or at least recently. How is the quality of life? Is Murfreesboro still a safe place to live work and play? We have heard it is growing like crazy.

Murfreesboro is the default choice if you can't afford Williamson county - same animal lives here - upscale, nice car, wants goods schools panera bread starbux lifestyle ..growth is just starting...tons of new malls, coolege town, friendly people, upscale yet controlled growth - it's not exploding relative to other areas like Mt Juliet...seems to be in a race with Wilson county... I like it..good luck!

Last edited by 12buttons; 09-22-2007 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: mispelling

Old 10-20-2007, 07:54 AM

35 posts, read 152,329 times
We've been in Mboro a few months and things have been nice. Traffic is congested in certain areas at certain times. I'm sure it's changed since you've been here, may not be the same walk down memory road, but if you are fine with that then welcome back!

But finding something under $100? Not likely unless you want to be off Broad/Mercury and a big fixer upper... You can find some starter homes around $130k, all siding, etc in the Cason lane area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville