Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 11:10 AM

8 posts, read 37,460 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to the Leipers Fork, Franklin or outside of Nashville area. I have been looking for houses for rent or rent to own in the area, but have had a hard time finding any other then really expensive ones on some websites. I found a site for homes for rent in Leipers Fork, but they said they have nothing available right now and to check craigslist. I'm finding it hard to find anything on craigslist because it seems like whenever I inquire about a place I get a reply from someone that sounds questionable like just moved to another country (anytime they mention something like this I question whether they are legit and tend to think they may not be). I've had a couple of ok sounding replies. But, I really don't know where else I could find info. on houses for rent or rent to own in this area. Any ideas of where else to look.

NOTE: I am not in the area or even in the state, so I can not go to the local grocery store to look for postings there. This has been suggested to me a few times when trying to ask for info. on places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 01:35 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
First of all, how much do you want to spend on rent? This will help us pinpoint some areas for you.

As I mentioned last time you posted, Leiper's Fork is a TINY area. There just aren't that many houses available there, and most are very expensive. You will likely get a place in Franklin, maybe in the more rural part but maybe not.

Forget Craigslist. People don't use it in this area the way they do in larger cities.

What will help us guide you the best is to know your price range and what kind of place you want.

In that area (of Franklin), you are most likely to find older homes or condo/townhomes to rent. It doesn't take long for the larger, nicer single family houses to reach $1K/month in rent.

This link is the one real estate company I have consistently seen working in that area over the years. I would just call one of the agents and tell them you situation and see if they can tell you how to find rentals there. I believe the owner Cindy lives in the Fork too.

http://www.leipersfork.com/index.html

It's just such a small, exclusive area that it's not found through the traditional outlets.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:18 AM

107 posts, read 186,093 times
Unfortunately, rentals anywhere are difficult to find right now. Be very cautious on Craigslist, this kind of market brings out lots of scammers.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:58 PM

8 posts, read 37,460 times
I know craigslist has a lot of scammers, that's why I didn't want to look there. I saw two people saying they were out of the country for work and were renting a place. Sounded like a scammer to me, so that was it. I realize Leipers Fork is a small area and there are not many places for rent so that's why I said the Franklin and Nashville area as well.

I am looking for a 2 bedroom home for rent, preferably with central air. Doesn't have to be anything large or extremely nice. Just a nice little 2 bedroom place is fine. As far as price of rent, I'm not sure what it is there, but I would be looking for something not too high.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:02 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
Average rent for a nice 2 bedroom might run $1000. With MAYBE something in the $800 range showing up. Under $800 you'd might be lucky but it would be a stretch to find something in a safer area. Is that what you were thinking to spend?

Old 07-07-2012, 11:47 AM

65 posts, read 142,235 times
Default Craigslist-beware!

My wife and I ended up with an apartment for now as we were recently looking at Nashville rentals for an August arrival, but-the 2 listings we even looked at briefly that we got replies on from Craigslist had the unmistakeable, broken grammar of one of your classic "Nigerian scam letters"...

(You'd think those dudes would work on that part of their gig, no?)...

I think even PadMapper has dropped Craigslist...there are lots of other great sites that others on here have mentioned...I'd agree too with CountryGirl that $1,000 is the lower good cutoff for a decent 2BR...maybe even $1150...Nashville's hot-VERY competitive rental market right now...

All the best in your search!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:26 PM

19 posts, read 26,152 times
I'm also looking to move to Nashville (Hillsboro Village area). I've been using apartmentratings.com and yelp.com as my online resource and obviously city-data. I also just google mapped places I generally want to be close to (like work or church) and did a keyword search on 'apartments' and that seems to do the trick. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: