Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:49 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,571 times

Advertisements

I agree with you about Evergreen Farms. It is too congested and I really didn't like the looks of it. I saw some affordable homes in Savannah Ridge, that is what made me want to look. It looked like a nice area and I can stretch the budget some. Just trying to hang onto as much cash as I can.

I have heard of Buchanan Estates. That's Christiana right? I will look into the other areas you talked about as well. Thanks so much for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
I have heard of Buchanan Estates. That's Christiana right?
Yeah, it's a Christiana mailing address. Although when I think of Christiana, I think of the US-231/TN-269 area, and more importantly, Miller's Grocery.

You can get to Buchanan Estates from either exit 89, or from Rucker Rd. There are some big lots out there for new construction.

Last edited by Mike in TN; 10-15-2007 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Cool, thank you. Another place to look!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:20 PM

225 posts, read 1,144,098 times
Quote:
I've decided to hold off for now. I loved the subdivision itself though. It was so pretty. We assumed church st. would be pretty congested during rush hour, most of Murfreeboro seems to be. I work off rush hour 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. so it wouldn't be bad for me. My husband on the other hand would get slammed. I think we should drive it a few times during the p.m. rush.
I am not sure that house is a good idea now considering that drainage thing.

Anyone have any neighborhoods they recommend?
I have looked at these subdivisions so far
The Cloister
Blackman Farm
Weston Park
All zero lot line. Not a big fan of that even though they were nice areas.
Kingdom Ridge
Thompson Grove
I liked both of those actually and I want to check into Savannah Ridge next.
Any other ideas out there would be appreciated. My budget is about $180k to $190K. Less would be cool too!

I heard about this theme park thing. I didn't know it was going in West Murfreesboro though. I hear people are fighting it. I see signs all the time "No Theme Park"

Thank you for the info.
Hi Kim,

Are you looking for new construction only - the developments you listed are all new. If you would consider existing, look at Huntington (there is new construction too but it would be out of your price range) and Hawksridge. These are on the north side of town, larger lots, excellent schools, and easy access back to Nashville. Bradford Place is also really nice, brick homes in the North section but the lots are going to be smaller.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 PM

I am not against existing homes at all. I just want to find what I am looking for ya know? I have heard of Hawksridge as well. I will write all these down and check it out. Small lot is okay. Zero lot line is just too congested feeling to me.

Thanks for your help!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellkids View Post
Bradford Place is also really nice, brick homes in the North section but the lots are going to be smaller.
I run through there a few days a week. It's a really nice area.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm going to look at everything I can. Not sure the realtor I am using is going to work for me. He doesn't have a whole lot ideas it seems. I am doing all the digging and sending him listings and he shows them to me. He should really be coming up with these areas for me to look. I have a 6 month lease, but I would like to find something and close by late December so I can take my time moving in, paint if I need to, curtains etc.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times
I live in Kingdom Ridge and love it. We have a large lot and a nice house that was a great buy. We had it built and they did an excellent job. We previously lived in Evergreen Farms but it was a mistake moving there. Way too busy with lots of traffic on our narrow street. It wasn't for us. I highly recomment Kingdom Ridge.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I live in Kingdom Ridge and love it. We have a large lot and a nice house that was a great buy. We had it built and they did an excellent job. We previously lived in Evergreen Farms but it was a mistake moving there. Way too busy with lots of traffic on our narrow street. It wasn't for us. I highly recomment Kingdom Ridge.
Thanks Steve. I loved the way it felt when I went to see the homes in there. It had a nice open feeling. I did not care for Evergreen Farms at all. I need to look at all the plans Kingdom Ridge has. I didn't like what was already built. They had one that was near perfect until I got to the bonus room and it was split. That was out. I'm sure if I opt to build I will get what I want.

Thank you for the info. It"s always good to hear a positive comment about a place. How long did it take for them to build your home?

Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 AM

35 posts, read 152,126 times
Talking Sure thing

Quote:
I've decided to hold off for now. I loved the subdivision itself though. It was so pretty. We assumed church st. would be pretty congested during rush hour, most of Murfreeboro seems to be. I work off rush hour 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. so it wouldn't be bad for me. My husband on the other hand would get slammed. I think we should drive it a few times during the p.m. rush.
I am not sure that house is a good idea now considering that drainage thing.

Anyone have any neighborhoods they recommend?
I have looked at these subdivisions so far
The Cloister
Blackman Farm
Weston Park
All zero lot line. Not a big fan of that even though they were nice areas.
Kingdom Ridge
Thompson Grove
I liked both of those actually and I want to check into Savannah Ridge next.
Any other ideas out there would be appreciated. My budget is about $180k to $190K. Less would be cool too!

I heard about this theme park thing. I didn't know it was going in West Murfreesboro though. I hear people are fighting it. I see signs all the time "No Theme Park"

Thank you for the info.
On this budget you might find something in The Cloister or Weston Park. Most of the others will be in the $220-230's. Both of those seem nice neighborhoods. You may check further into the concept of Kingdom subdivision, it is my understanding that it is religious themed, street names and design, etc, make sure this is somthing that you are okay with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville