Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 03:21 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,426,540 times

Advertisements

The one in Murfreesboro is open at 8:30AM.
If I were to arrive there at 8AM or earlier, and was the very first one in line with all my correct paperwork,
what are the chances I could be walking out the door at 8:50AM?

I have to transfer my out of state license to TN, and from what I understand, given I have the correct paperwork, I have to take a vision screening test and take a photograph and that's it.

Has anyone else been there first thing?

Also if this is not possible, are there ever any special days where they go to the mall or MTSU or something on a Saturday ?

I looked at the website and looked at every single full service facility and none in the Nashville area are open earlier than 8:30AM or later than 5:00PM... and none are open on Saturday..
What the ___ are people who work Mon-Fri supposed to do???!!

Basically it's partially my fault, I got a bonus extra hour (paid) for lunch so I had a 2 hour lunch today and made it over there, and was hoping hoping to get done within that time but, even though I thought I was meticulous after checking the website, one of my documents was wrong. So now as I wait for the correct one to come in, I should have everything set for next time, but who knows if I'll get another 2 hour lunch given anytime soon, or ever...And I honestly don't believe I could get anything done in the middle of the day in 1 hour, driving and all. My GF took ~3 hours both times she was there for different things. And I hate to take time off work unpaid...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
No, you probably will not be the first in line, and you definitely won't be out in 20 minutes. They also don't do satellite locations. Heck, they just started accepting debit cards a couple of years ago!

My recommendation, and I am serious about this, is that you tell your boss you will be in late, drive to one of the centers in a rural area like Lewisburg, and enjoy the attention those ladies give you. Then eat a ham biscuit on the way back.

I have been first thing, lunchtime etc. I went to the driver service center here 6 TIMES last year because I have twins who turned 16. One of them had to retake the written test and the other lost his license, and blah blah blah. The Rutherford and Williamson County sites are insanely busy because so many people are moving here.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,222,306 times
I don't know anything about the one in Murfressboro, but the driver license station I've been to in West Nashville is usually crowded (and probably gets crowded early). According to how they're running it, you may be able to get in and out within a half hour or so. The problem comes when there is someone in line ahead of you who has a problem; it can then take one clerk's time to sort out whatever problem it is. If you have everything correct, then it can go smoothly to complete your own paperwork, test, and photo.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 AM

edit. I'm coming in to work late tomorrow morning, 10AM. So hopefully I can be there by 7:45am, be one of the or possibly THE first one there by open at 8:30 and be out by 9:47AM. Wish me luck??

Last edited by NARFALICIOUS; 01-23-2014 at 09:54 AM..

Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,475,272 times
Can't speak for Murfreesboro, but I've never had to wait longer than 20 minutes in Gallatin. Granted, it's been for renewals and address updates. Not for anything too complicated. I do agree that trying a more rural location is probably a good option if time is of the essence.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 AM

I made it out alive!

Summary.

I got there at something like 8:02AM or 8:05AM...
I was REALLY wanting to get there a bit earlier and I was right
There were 6 people ahead of me, and as soon as I got in line standing outside, 3 people got behind me within 5 minutes.
About 10 minutes before 8:30 they let us wait inside and gave us forms to start filling out.
Good for me, one of those 6 ahead of me was turned away before 8:30 because she didn't have proof of residency.
Got my ticket at 8:32AM
and was in my car by 9:02AM.
Plenty of time to go home before work at 10AM

I still feel like if I got there at 7:30 or so, I would've been first in line at 8:30 and been in my car in time to be AT work at 9AM. But's alll good. I like the cushion. The main delay was waiting for them to serve 5 other people first. Like I said, it helps to be first. The actual process of eye testing, picture taking, and form filling was a breeze..

/End thread.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Awesome!

I think the weather worked in your favor, too.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:49 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,475,272 times
Good to know, thanks for the follow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville