Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 PM

7 posts, read 13,537 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if anybody had any information about the rezoning that will be occurring when the new Nolensville High School is going to be built? Any rumors, hints... anything? I hadn't seen anything announced. From my understanding they are shooting for the school to be completed for 2016, but that's really all I know.

We're looking at purchasing a home, most likely in Brentwood, and it would be nice to know where my kids are going to be attending school. I've seen a lot of Brentwood houses coming available in the neighborhoods off Concord Road right by Nolensville Pike, compared to other areas. I was wondering if the rezoning has people nervous and they are putting their homes on the market now to get ahead of it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It will be decided fairly soon.

The school board sets the parameters for the rezoning, and these will be announced at their March 24 meeting.

The director of schools and school board will continue to work on scenarios, with final recommendations delivered and voted on at their 4/21 meeting.

Until that 3/24 meeting, though, it's all speculation.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:58 PM

265 posts, read 488,119 times
When they first floated the plan for the Nolensville High School back in 2010/2011, there was a map that showed all of Sunset Middle flowing into the new high school to relieve overcrowding at Ravenwood. There were a few subdivisions that year that were rezoned from Ravenwood to Brentwood, but I'm not sure if they would mess with those boundaries again, knowing that the Nolensville area is building up rapidly and expecting many more families in the upcoming years.

If you are really worried about getting rezoned, about the only thing you could do is to move right next door to a school. Our house will be on the market in the next month or so, but because we're moving out of state--not because we are worried about rezoning. Having had a child at both Ravenwood and Brentwood, I'd not hesitate to buy a house that is currently zoned for either school.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
I think it will mostly be a high school rezoning with some slight shifts of most zones. Probably only Fairview won't be touched.

There will probably be slight "touch ups" to all the zones for middle and elementary too as some elementary schools are getting pretty crowded.

There is also a new elementary/middle school coming online in Nolensville.

Nolensville and Spring Hill/Thompson station have been growing fast again and Brentwood has had a lot of empty nesters downsize and new families move in so it should be interesting to see the growth patterns of school aged children

Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
One thing a lot of people from other areas don't understand is that the school system here is a county system, and there are no "Brentwood schools" or ""Nolensville schools." Even so, a lot of people like to say that they moved to Brentwood, they pay Brentwood city taxes, and their kid should go to a "Brentwood school." (even though none of the Brentwood property tax goes to the school system.)

When the school board considers zone lines, it's as if they use a map that does not have any city limits on it, only school zones. So some homes that are technically in Brentwood may not go to what people consider a "Brentwood school."

The main criteria the director of schools likes to consider is feeder patterns. He has always stated that he prefers to use clean feeder lines, or keeping the same elementary and middle schools feeding into the same high school.

So based on that I do think it is a good bet that all of Sunset will be zoned for Nolensville High School since Woodland already feeds into Ravenwood and is closer distance-wise.

But like I said before, that is just speculation at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville