Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 AM

457 posts, read 496,845 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a company that will restore an old metal glider and two chairs in the Nashville area?

I have recently acquired a set from the in-laws that was owned by my husband's grandfather and my husband wants to keep it because due to the sentimental value to him. I'm not the biggest fan of the furniture, but I can appreciate his desire to keep it. (I have to admit, they are pretty comfortable) It has multiple coats of paint & I was planning to refinish it myself until I read online that it most likely has lead paint in at least a layer or two. I no longer want to do DIY paint stripping with lead paint potential. I don't mind repainting myself, but not stripping.

So, I'm looking for a company that will strip all of the old paint.

Any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
I can't believe I know the answer to this . . but there is a company off of Columbia, south of downtown Franklin, who can probably do that for you. It's called Spray & Bake. There are photos of old patio furniture so suspect they can handle it.

Spray & Bake Powder Coaters - Home

Not sure if they will ONLY do the stripping but you could ask. The before and after pix are quite stunning!

Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
If you're in Nashville, check this place.

It's very near the stadium.

AARON Powder Coating

Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
That powder coating seems to be the way things are done these days . . . ? I saw an old gym locker thing at an antique shop that I wanted to restore . . but when I finally decided to do it, it had already gone home with someone else . . .

Old 04-27-2014, 11:19 AM

457 posts, read 496,845 times
Thank you both for the replies. I will definitely check these guys out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville