Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 01:18 PM

22 posts, read 51,800 times

Advertisements

Was hoping to get some local information on a new community called "The Grove" in College Grove, TN.
What are nearest shopping, medical, schools? What would the drive be like working in Franklin?
Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 06:14 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
I don't live there, but I have been getting quite a few mailings about it!

In terms of location, it is very much in "the country." It is right off State Route 840, which is a major interstate-type bypass, but all the land around it looks like pastoral farmland.

So in terms of shopping, you would most likely get on 840, head up I-65 to Franklin/Cool Springs, or get on 840 and head east to Murfreesboro. There is zero commercial development in the immediate vicinity.

There is a neighborhood being built north of there called Berry Farms that has planned some commercial offerings mixed in with homes, but that is a little bit north off Peytonsville Road.

Medical: There is a hospital north on I-65 (or via Arno Road) at the Highway 96 exit, Williamson Medical Center, and it is 10-15 miles away depending on which route you use. Cool Springs, about 15 miles north, has most any kind of medical professional you could want.

Schools: I don't know anyone who attends College Grove Elementary, but Page Middle and Page High are very good and getting better every year.

Commuting in Franklin is a crapshoot. Traveling east/west in Franklin is very difficult during rush hours and sometimes during hours it isn't supposed to be bad. It really just depends on where you will be. And right now that interstate commute up I-65 is one of the worst around because of ongoing interstate construction.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:21 AM

201 posts, read 319,975 times
I drive through College Grove every week. The Grove is separated from the town though.

Shopping is pretty sparse but there is a little market there in College Grove and another one up Horton Highway a little but both are likely pricey when compared to a Kroger or Wal-Mart.

For the time being it'd be best to take 840 to 431 and head north into Franklin at least until the new overpass is in place.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:25 AM

223 posts, read 582,944 times
I like the College Grove area but you really need to be aware that you aren't close to anything. Doctors, dentists, shopping, restaurants are all going to be a bit of a drive. As others have said driving to Franklin is sort of a crapshoot.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:38 PM

41 posts, read 78,717 times
It's a nice area like others have mentioned but pretty much farmland. Fastest way to Franklin is probably 840 to 65n then sit in a little traffic and then it should open up.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:56 AM

DaveM123 - thank you for your help. Being familiar with College Grove, what is your impression on the community "The Grove"?

Thank you again!

Last edited by tabc08; 09-24-2014 at 11:11 AM..

Old 09-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Wmsn4Life
Can't thank you enough for your information. I looked up Berry Farms and looks like it will be about a 20 minute drive from The Grove. I am intrigued by the country club, family-friendly aspect of the community. Of course, this is what I am gleaning from the advertising! Are there other neighborhoods you would recommend that would compare to this?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:29 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabc08 View Post
Wmsn4Life
Can't thank you enough for your information. I looked up Berry Farms and looks like it will be about a 20 minute drive from The Grove. I am intrigued by the country club, family-friendly aspect of the community. Of course, this is what I am gleaning from the advertising! Are there other neighborhoods you would recommend that would compare to this?
I can only think of three comparable neighborhoods WITH golf courses: Westhaven, Brentwood Country Club, which is MOSTLY retirees, and The Governors Club. WH and GovClub are more family friendly.

Gardens of Old Natchez is a neighborhood with SOME houses on the course at Old Natchez Country Club, but it is older than The Grove.

If you don't mind driving (and driving and driving) for every little thing, getting in early at the Grove might be for you. As I understand it, buying property there is the only way to get a golf membership anyway (at least for now).

Old 09-26-2014, 06:00 AM

223 posts, read 582,944 times
I can't say that I am really familiar with The Grove other than having driven by it. Sorry!

Old 09-27-2014, 06:40 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabc08 View Post
Wmsn4Life
We have been through many of the houses at the Grove. It's 10 minutes from the Grove to Berry Farms. We live near Berry Farms currently. All of the homes we walked through were very nice and had good quality finishes. There's really no way to figure out how family friendly the community will be at this point. It's too early on in the process.

The tennis courts and pool looked nice. The golf course is in great shape, but that's fairly easy to do since nearly nobody plays it right now.

As has been pointed out, you are a good 15 minute drive from shopping. Yeah, you can find necessities closer than 15 minutes, but you're looking at a haul every time you want groceries.

I would recommend getting a place on the most eastern flank of the subdivision. Directly west of the property is Hatcher Dairy Farm. The prevailing westerly breeze will wake up the senses many mornings the closer you live to Arno Rd. Also, those on the north end of the subdivision will have to deal more with hearing the traffic on 840 when you are outside.

Overall, if you can afford an $800,000 house, $750 per month in association / golf course dues and don't mind being a bit out in the boondocks, this should be a nice community. They are selling a steady 6-10 lots per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville