Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 01:41 PM

10 posts, read 43,781 times

Advertisements

located here: http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q=2310 Elliott+Ave+#840 Nashville TN 37204 (broken link)
http://www.parkatmelrose.info/

2BR in the $200-250k range.

This is a current development. Some people have moved in, some units are not complete. I just moved to Nashville and this is one area that's come up on my radar. I'm 28 and single and looking for something "close to the fun". A couple of my Nashville friends has said this isn't a great area. My realtor says differently. What are your thoughts?

Is this an area that you see improving or getting worse over time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 01:59 PM

813 posts, read 2,032,033 times
That area is improving due to 12South being nearby and lots of development and re-development around Wedgewood Avenue. I believe the Park at Melrose used to be a low-income apartment complex that was completely gutted, totally refurbished, and turned into condos. Prices are going up in that area. My aunt lives nearby and folks stop by weekly asking her if she's interested in selling her home.

If you're a bit of a pioneer, this may be a good time to buy in that area as it's likely to improve considerably in the coming years because of it's proximity to 12South, the Gulch, Green Hills, etc. If you're not, then your $250k might be better spent on a condo somewhere else. I know two bedrooms are going for about the same price or cheaper in the North Capitol area and there may be some for around the same in Hillsboro Village or elsewhere in Midtown.

Last edited by ariesjow; 12-27-2007 at 03:06 PM..

Old 12-27-2007, 02:39 PM

10 posts, read 43,781 times
Sounds like you're saying it's likely a good investment, which is what I'm looking for.

Is that area relatively safe? I realize anywhere in the city is going to be close to something undesirable. My Nashville friends have made me bit hesitant about this area. I've been through there several times and it seems ok, but you can only tell so much from a drive-by (pun intended).

Old 12-27-2007, 03:22 PM

813 posts, read 2,032,033 times
I think the Melrose area is relatively safe but I'm sure others will disagree. At the very least, the Melrose area isn't any worse than any of the other up-and-coming urban neighborhoods. I'm much less hypersensitive about small crimes like robberies compared to some others though. Perhaps it's a matter of your personal comfort level. Personally, I think the odds of someone being a crime statistic in the vast majority of Nashville's neighborhoods are fairly slim unless you're involved in some shadiness.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,302 times
Default Melrose really is new

I am moving to this place next month. In terms of the “value for your dollar” it is the best deal around. As far as I know, this place was NOT a refurbishment of low-income housing—it is a completely new development (owner said she saw it being built from the ground up). Perhaps there was a previous development that they tore down...

The area isn’t “bad” as some folks think. In fact, it’s pretty nice--I visited there last week and saw people jogging durinalong the sidewalk and some pretty fancy cars parked along the street. I currently live in a fancy Boston neighborhood, and while this place obviously isn’t downtown Broadway, it’ll do me just fine [/FONT And it’s only 7 minutes away from downtown!

Plus the building/facility are really really nice! Great pool, gym, etc….). If I had the money to buy a place, I would think this place is a good deal.

Last edited by melroseresident; 07-02-2008 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: html code was showing

Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 AM

41 posts, read 105,303 times
I'm not trying to resurrect an old thread, but got sent here from a google search. I was watching House Hunters on HGTV and a young gal picked a condo in this complex to purchase. She seemed like the type of person who would be very concerned with the area she lives in for safety and fun, so I thought I'd mention the connection. I of course have no idea if she remains happy with her choice. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville