Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:08 PM

13 posts, read 58,134 times

Advertisements

Wow! Sounds like a great place! How did your husband get the job at the label? That sounds like something I'd love to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:38 PM

23 posts, read 67,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeamie View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you've all heard that one before, but I'm a recent graduate with an AAS in Music Business Audio Production, but have been having a hard time finding a job. I figured Nashville would be nice because of the cost of living, southern hospitality, and Music Row.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice for me, as I've never lived on my own before, and looking for jobs has been a daunting and scary task. I'm also from Minnesota, so I have the Minnesota Nice thing going on!

Thanks for all your help, and I look forward to reading your comments.
Your AAS isn't going to do much for you here. There are thousands of music professionals with more significant degrees struggling to make it in the industry. It blows my mind the quality of people I see when I go out and I never understand why they aren't signed on a label. Then I realize, eveyone in this town is extremely talented. If music is where you want to work, you may struggle to get noticed.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM

48 posts, read 189,506 times
Nashville and New York are like polar opposites. There is opportunity in both places, but if you are just starting out, Nashville gets my vote. You will find plenty of places to showcase your talent. Open mike night and writer's nights can be found almost every day of the week. You'll also find a kinder gentler atmosphere and lots of folks who share your dream, not to mention trees, grass and rolling hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: