Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:23 PM

1,683 posts, read 812,148 times

Advertisements

Is this part of a trend that West Nashville's comeback is making it the "place to be" and EN is becoming the "has been" of the gentrification world in Davidson County?

Look at some of what has been built on Charlotte Ave in the last few years. Now this...
The move will increase Fat Bottom from 3,000 square feet to 33,000 square feet.
Fat Bottom to close East Nashville brewery Oct. 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 01:55 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Is this part of a trend that West Nashville's comeback is making it the "place to be" and EN is becoming the "has been" of the gentrification world in Davidson County?

In my opinion....no

I believe Ben Bredesen searched all over East Nashville for a spot to expand. He still lives on this side of town. Any spots that were big enough, were too expensive. There is development in progress or lined up...all over East Nashville. I think West Nashville is picking up steam because other parts of town are running out of space. Limited space is driving up the price of large plots of land. The whole supply and demand thing.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:07 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Quote:

Look at some of what has been built on Charlotte Ave in the last few years. Now this...
No.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:34 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
What Edgefield said. This has been in the works for a while.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:28 PM

50 posts, read 72,036 times
I know a few people moving out of East Nashville and over to Rutherford County lately.

I don't think its the price...its more the traffic/crime/keeping up with the Jones' from what I've been told.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:23 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegirlfromwilson View Post
I know a few people moving out of East Nashville and over to Rutherford County lately.

I don't think its the price...its more the traffic/crime/keeping up with the Jones' from what I've been told.
Moving to Rutherford County BECAUSE of the traffic???? That's a swift one. Rest assured, East Nashville is booming (Hunters Automotive on Main just sold for I think 6+ million. A dorm at NADC that sits on 2+ acres just sold for 12 million). They are more than likely cashing out and selling their house here and buying one straight up down there, mortgage free.

They made the mistake of leasing and not buying when they started. Because of sky rocketing land values in the urban core, they wanted to buy as soon as possible. He tried to find an affordable suitable space on the eastside but couldn't.

Last edited by yank283; 09-29-2016 at 07:53 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 09:08 PM

7 posts, read 3,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
They made the mistake of leasing and not buying when they started. Because of sky rocketing land values in the urban core, they wanted to buy as soon as possible. He tried to find an affordable suitable space on the eastside but couldn't.
Who is they? What/who are you referencing?

Old 09-29-2016, 09:14 PM

50 posts, read 72,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Moving to Rutherford County BECAUSE of the traffic???? That's a swift one. Rest assured, East Nashville is booming (Hunters Automotive on Main just sold for I think 6+ million. A dorm at NADC that sits on 2+ acres just sold for 12 million). They are more than likely cashing out and selling their house here and buying one straight up down there, mortgage free.

No, they did not buy their house straight up in Rutherford County or even come close. They did make 20k or 30k off of the house they had in East Nashville since about 2012 or around this time. They still have a pretty big mortgage. The thought that somebody could buy a house in East Nashville and then sell the house a few years later for 300k more is absurd and doesn't happen or if it happens its EXTREMELY RARE.

Now, about the property comparison.....

Hunters Auto is right at five points, which has some of the most expensive real estate in East Nashville. Of course it was going to sell for a lot.
NADC was one of the biggest lots in East Nashville. What home in East Nashville sits on 2+ acres? These are total anomalies and no house in EN would sell for this. Besides, these are commercial sites.

Its not just East Nashville..or even Mt. Juliet..or Williamson

21 NW Rutland Rd in Mt. Juliet sold for 1.5 million a few months ago and was only 1.7 acres and it was about a mile from Providence. It was also residential and was appraised at only $137,000 in 2016. Things just don't sell for crazy prices in East Nashville only...its everywhere and this has been going on for quite some time now. Just because a property sells in one area of the city does not mean instantly that you'll be able to buy something very low in another community or buy a house with all of the profit you make.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:40 AM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegirlfromwilson View Post
No, they did not buy their house straight up in Rutherford County or even come close. They did make 20k or 30k off of the house they had in East Nashville since about 2012 or around this time. They still have a pretty big mortgage. The thought that somebody could buy a house in East Nashville and then sell the house a few years later for 300k more is absurd and doesn't happen or if it happens its EXTREMELY RARE.

Now, about the property comparison.....

Hunters Auto is right at five points, which has some of the most expensive real estate in East Nashville. Of course it was going to sell for a lot.
NADC was one of the biggest lots in East Nashville. What home in East Nashville sits on 2+ acres? These are total anomalies and no house in EN would sell for this. Besides, these are commercial sites.

Its not just East Nashville..or even Mt. Juliet..or Williamson

21 NW Rutland Rd in Mt. Juliet sold for 1.5 million a few months ago and was only 1.7 acres and it was about a mile from Providence. It was also residential and was appraised at only $137,000 in 2016. Things just don't sell for crazy prices in East Nashville only...its everywhere and this has been going on for quite some time now. Just because a property sells in one area of the city does not mean instantly that you'll be able to buy something very low in another community or buy a house with all of the profit you make.
Yes, I understand all of this. It's crazy everywhere. There was no way of knowing what you are referencing or how long "they" had lived somewhere without details. There are plenty of instances that houses have gone up in the six figure range in two to three years, not just in East Nashville but many areas. Particularly the urban core.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:36 AM

3,048 posts, read 3,317,957 times
Quote:

May be part of a trend at Charlotte between 40th & 46th. A lot of new pubs & other retail. This development goes on the north side of I-40. Wait for the bit from 40th to I-440 to be redone next. MTA may know something since they put the new Charlotte BRT & re route the regular bus to serve old Baptist hospital & other areas better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: