Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,872 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be relocating to Antioch, Tennessee can anyone give us a good location? I've been on line looking at different homes in different locations, I would like to know the nice areas.

Thank you
Jacqueline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:47 PM

389 posts, read 916,616 times
Our family moved into the area of Antioch that is just behind Lenox Village. There are several developments in that area of newer homes - Barnes Cove, Barnes Bend, Sugar Valley. We have heard that this area (plus the area to the west of Nolensville Road) is fondly called 'Brantioch" due to bordering Antioch and Brentwood. We have no complaints so far (has been about 18 months since we bought/moved in).

Old 01-27-2017, 02:15 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeAtHeart View Post
We have heard that this area (plus the area to the west of Nolensville Road) is fondly called 'Brantioch" due to bordering Antioch and Brentwood.
No.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:10 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,772 times
We live on the south side of bell rd just east of the commerical area at the bell rd exit. There's a new housing development and elementary school going in back there. It seems to be pretty nice.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:26 PM

308 posts, read 967,130 times
I live on the lake side. Upper class homes and nice communities.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:24 AM

1,683 posts, read 811,317 times
Look at crime maps to see which area(s) to avoid.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:01 PM

382 posts, read 488,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
No.
I've heard this unoffical term as well from a couple of friends that live in the area. You definitely cannot call it Brentwood and you can't quite call it Antioch as well, so the name seems most fitting under my perspective.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatebunni View Post
My husband and I will be relocating to Antioch, Tennessee can anyone give us a good location? I've been on line looking at different homes in different locations, I would like to know the nice areas.

Thank you
Jacqueline
There are several different areas to look into. Are you looking for brand new homes or older? The Antioch is a large area and can be broken down into several different communities. The main 5 include:
1.The Priest Lake area, which is 37013 (Antioch's zip) and 37217(Nashville zip). The Priest Lake area includes the area known as the peninsula(s)/Smith Springs/Anderson Rd. area, late 1970's, 80, and 90's type of suburban look, nice settled area, not many new homes have been built since the early 2000's. Home of one of the best hometown, country feel, grocery stores in the Nashville area names Compton's Foodland. 3 lake access areas and a huge YMCA camp, Joe C. Davis camp, is also on the lake in that area. 2. The other part of the Priest Lake area I would refer to as the Hobson Pk./Mt. View area, all of it is 37013 zip. 8-10 minute drive to Providence Mall in Mt. Juliet via Hobson Pk. St. Rt. 171. The area is just across the lake from Long Hunter State park. Many of the houses are smaller to mid sized built in the early 2000's to newly built subdivisions along Hobson Pk. More of the late 80's/90's subdivisions closer to the Rutherford County line.

2. Cane Ridge- The Cane Ridge area is generally east of Nolensville Rd., south of Bell Rd., east of Mt. View Rd. and south of Murfreesboro Rd., but more so southwest of I-24, 37013 zip. Newer mid-sized to mid-larger sized homes built in the early 2000's- newly built. Cane Ridge Park is located in this area. Since the area is so new, used to be pretty rural, many of the roads are still narrow and curvy, and the area is hilly, so when it snows that area tends to recover slower than other parts of Nashville. The Cane Ridge area is on the backside of Lennox Village. Quick access to Smryna and Murfreesboro via I-24, Nolensville via Nolensville Rd., Cool Springs via Concord Rd., and Brentwood via Old Hickory Blvd.

3. Rural Hill/Bell Rd. area, 37013- Located east of I-24, south of Murfreesboro Rd, west of Mt. View Rd., east of Una Antioch Pk., basically the area between the Priest Lake area and Cane Ridge. Several apartment complex in this area, but also many mid 80's-early 2000's subdivisions, mid-sized homes. Several new condos and townhomes in this area. This area is very close to the Ford Ice Center, Priest Lake, I-24, Murfreesboro Rd. and the Airport is about 10 minutes away.

4. LA-Lower Antioch- 37013- located east of I-24, Haywood ln. south of Murfreesboro Rd., west of Una Antioch Pk.- this is part of the original Antioch before it annexed, so it is older, and honestly would be my one of my last choices to pick from in the entire Antioch area. Its probably because the houses are older, built 1950's-early 80's, it is not that nice of a looking area. The area is lower income than other parts of Antioch as well, but not like it is further in to Nashville. This part of Antioch is also very diverse with different nationalities. Blacks and Whites are the minority.

5. Tusculum-West Antioch- 37013/37211(Nashville)- located west of I-24, north of Bell, except for the part south of Bell near the Walmart, east of Nolensville rd. This area is very similar to the Lower Antioch area. This in fact would be my least desired area, not that its bad or anything, just not really familiar with it and its had better days as far as looks, but again, not nearly as bad looking as some areas of Nashville. Many who live on the other parts of Antioch probably don't know anyone in this part, nor even know their way around, completely different area than the other parts.

Hope this helps, but the best way to find out how the area is by visiting if you can. Way to large of an area to sum up on a post.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:38 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereoutthere15 View Post
I've heard this unoffical term as well from a couple of friends that live in the area. You definitely cannot call it Brentwood and you can't quite call it Antioch as well, so the name seems most fitting under my perspective.
The area west of Nolensville is not Breantioch, if anything it is referred to as the Nippers Corner area. Now it was a cool thing back in the 90's to refer to the area between I-24 and Nolensville as "Brentioch" but that was only a trend.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:57 PM

382 posts, read 488,737 times
The people who live there still call it that as well as people who live outside of the area when referring to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville