Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 25,528 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find out some information on the safest places to live in Nashville, e.g Charlotte Pike/West Nashville, Madison/East Nashville, Antioch, etc.

My wife and I currently live in Rochester, NY and as far as my research tells me, the two cities are pretty similar in cost, crime, education and what not.

So, I would like to know where to go, where to stay away from, what there is to do, and all that good stuff. We are both really excited about leaving NY, not because we do not like it, we just know we do not want to be here the rest of our lives. We're still young (both 23) and are looking to start a new adventure. Any and all advice will help! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
It would help if we knew what price range you were looking for.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:44 PM

Trying not to go over $750

Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,646 times
I would suggest Green Hills. It is a great neighborhood. The surrounding areas are good also. You might also enjoy Hillsboro Village near Vanderbilt University.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 8,520 times
Default Have You Tried Spring Hill?

If you are looking for a great place to move just outside of Nashville, try Spring Hill, Tennessee.

You can search properties and learn more about Spring Hill at [url=http://www.MoveToSpringHill.com]Rodney Reviews Middle Tennessee Real Estate[/url]

RodneyCreative1

Old 03-07-2008, 08:35 PM

15 posts, read 88,098 times
I would have to say NO to Antioch. It is not very safe and the area is just getting worse.
Look into the Hermitage area. Polo Park is a very nice apartment complex and reasonable rents.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:57 AM

9 posts, read 41,898 times
Hello,

My wife is from Great Neck, NY. I would definitely say Green Hills, Brentwood, Franklin, Spring Hill or Thompson's Station. Green Hills and Brentwood are more of your inner city living areas. Franklin, Spring Hill and Thompson's Station are in Williamson County and have great schools, bigger lot sizes and really friendly family oriented areas. So it depends on what you are looking for. But those are good starts. Moderator cut: no advertising here, please
Shane

Old 03-08-2008, 03:22 PM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
Benjikhn17,

It could be a pretty lengthy post giving you a rundown of all the neighborhoods and things to do. What type of neighborhoods, activities, etc. do you enjoy?

Are you looking to rent a one-bedroom or something larger for $750?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanepow98 View Post
Hello,

My wife is from Great Neck, NY. I would definitely say Green Hills, Brentwood, Franklin, Spring Hill or Thompson's Station. Green Hills and Brentwood are more of your inner city living areas. Franklin, Spring Hill and Thompson's Station are in Williamson County and have great schools, bigger lot sizes and really friendly family oriented areas. So it depends on what you are looking for. But those are good starts. Moderator cut: no advertising here, please
Shane
That's the first time I've heard anyone refer to Brentwood as inner-city. It's clearly suburban much like Franklin. I wouldn't call Green Hills inner-city either but it's in Davidson County and closer to more city amenities.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:37 PM

9 posts, read 41,898 times
Default Re: Inner City

Well you are actually right. I was referring to inner city being within 5-6 miles from Nashville. But it can be outer city also. I guess it depends if you are from the south or city life. Me being a country boy that is inner city to me.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:48 AM

I do not want to go over $750 for a one bedroom. If I could find a two bedroom close to that price that would be nice.

I suppose one would say we live in the suburbs right now. We're 15 minutes outside of Rochester, NY. We have a dog so we would like a place where we can walk her. We don't want to be directly in the city, but close enough so we do not have to travel an hour to get there. We basically like all different kinds of activities. We're still young (23) so we keep pretty active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville