Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:15 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times

Advertisements

Here is the weekly entertainment magazine. Entertainment wise we have a pretty awesome hockey team, a pro football team and a minor league baseball team with a new stadium. I am not a hockey fan but did get pretty caught up in it this year. Don't knock it until you try it!

Music is pretty much everywhere. A lot of very fine musicians call Nashville home. Not counting the venues on Lower Broadway, downtown has the Bridgestone Arena for really BIG concerts, The Ryman which has a great vibe, the Schermerhorn which is thinking outside the symphony box, and the Ascend Amphitheater by the river. There are clubs and up and coming foodie restaurants in Franklin, 12 South, The Gulch . . . . . Food trucks, festivals, farmers markets, a Ted Talks conference, parks like Radnor Lake and the Warner parks, Percy Priest Lake, and althougth there's a bit urban sprawl, you can get out into the "country" pretty quickly. We also have Cheekwood botanical garden and the Frist Museum downtown. Also a lot of Civil War history, including reenactments. I don't think you'd be bored.

Home | Nashville Scene

I haven't been your age in a while. So I don't know what is targeted at your age group but music attracts a wide variety of ages for the most part. And it's NOT just country . . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 08:55 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,453 times
Thank you, looks like a fun city!

Old 07-06-2017, 09:34 PM

153 posts, read 197,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Thank you, looks like a fun city!

I just moved out of there and now live out on the West Coast so I can give you a few pointers.

Nashville is growing rapidly but the mayor is doing a fantastic job at getting the city where it needs to be economically. Public transportation is limited, but in the next 10 years they are hoping to add light rail to assist the growing population.

There are a lot of rooftop bars/restaurants if you're looking for a scene that is slightly laid-back. Just a warning though, southerners know how to party

Best of luck to you, Nashville was one of my favorite places that I've resided at. It's a very comfortable city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: