Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2019, 02:34 AM

306 posts, read 545,771 times

Advertisements

Hello, we're moving to Franklin after years away from Tennessee. We're going to be living in a sub-division in Franklin and would like to know if Franklin (or Williamson county) has any restrictions on the number of pets a household is allowed to have? (dogs and cats)

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 10:43 AM

125 posts, read 149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veg-gal View Post
Hello, we're moving to Franklin after years away from Tennessee. We're going to be living in a sub-division in Franklin and would like to know if Franklin (or Williamson county) has any restrictions on the number of pets a household is allowed to have? (dogs and cats)

Thanks
I would call the City of Franklin or Willamson County Codes Department to know for sure. Also, an HOA could have restrictions as well.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:43 PM

306 posts, read 545,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandjerry45 View Post
I would call the City of Franklin or Willamson County Codes Department to know for sure. Also, an HOA could have restrictions as well.

Thank you. Will do!

Old 06-11-2020, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,585 times
I also am interested in this subject. I recently started to foster cats. My husband and I are seriously wanting to get out of California with all this lawlessness going on. We are seriously looking at the Franklin area. If we don't buy in a gated community, would we be able to bring our cats. The are well cared for and ALL indoor cats. We do NOT believe in letting them go outdoor, unless they are in an enclosure!

Old 06-11-2020, 05:25 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
INSIDE a house you own, probably not an issue. How many cats are you talking about? I have a friend who has 6 rescue dogs.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:01 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
You will need to not only check city regulations but if there is an HOA its rules.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:53 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
I used to live in Williamson County. It's a very animal friendly place.

If you're talking about inside cats, you're probably good to go.

I cannot think of a better place to live. The Leiper's Fork area alone has an incredible number of music and movie starts, including Vince & Amy, Nicole and Keith , Justin Timberlake, Both Judds. And it's about as lush and beautiful as any place I've ever traveled.

Old 06-14-2020, 03:20 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
I live in Fieldstone Farms and they didn’t do a great job with their rules. Not much at all pertaining to pets and when I complain about constant barking of my neighbors dogs, they refer me to the police and city ordinances. But yes, do check the HOA rules and regs. Good point.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 1,902 times
I live in Franklin and have a house full of cats. I'm also pretty close with our vet and a couple of rescue orgs and I've never heard a thing about the max # of cats you can have in your house in the city. Some HOAs probably do have rules but if you own the house you'd probably be fine anyway unless you let people know you're above the limit or have a nosy neighbor over who ends up counting your cats or something.

Incidentally, I grew up in this county thinking that you must have a minimum of 2 acres to be permitted to keep a horse, but I think even that might not be true if you have a house that's not in Franklin city limits or in a subdivision. (If anyone knows otherwise, say something bc I'm genuinely curious). And I always thought that you had to be outside city limits and not in a subdivision to be allowed to keep chickens but a neighbor around the corner from me right smack in downtown Franklin has some chickens and a cop lives down the street so now I doubt that rule as well. In short, read the bylaws of your HOA carefully or look for a house without one, and you'll probably be fine. Welcome to Franklin fellow vegetarian cat lady!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville