Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:04 AM

71 posts, read 289,587 times

Advertisements

We are visiting this summer w/ our two kids ages 2 and 5 and want to know the top things visitors should do when in the area. We are considering relocating to Franklin.

We know where to eat since we have done that search, and know about the zoo, Opryland, the mall, etc.

I'm asking those familiar with the area what they would suggest out of towners see or do (with two younger kids) when in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 02:49 PM

156 posts, read 680,149 times
if you like to walk/hike -- go to Radnor Lake or the Warner Parks --

Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 AM

54 posts, read 108,174 times
We also have an Adventure Science Museum in Nashville that I bet your little ones and you would really enjoy.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsymom View Post
We also have an Adventure Science Museum in Nashville that I bet your little ones and you would really enjoy.
Yes, they should like that! I just had a customer visiting Nashville, 1st time I met him and his family. They really liked the Adventure Science Center. They went to Cooters outside the Opry Mills Hotel and met cooter from the dukes of Hazzard. They went to the Zoo also.
They said they would be back, that they really enjoyed Nashville.

Diane G

Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM

30 posts, read 90,358 times
If you're thinking of moving to Franklin - on Friday nights in Leipers Fork, there is a kids movie night in the outdoor theatre. It's free and the kids get to either watch the movie or run around with the other little kids (without getting in trouble *grin*).

Old 04-17-2008, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the tips. We'll do the movie thing when visiting this June.

Diane, I sent you a DM.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:50 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
What about the Wave Park near Two Rivers, or Hermitage Landing? I've never been to either . . . but kids might like them.

Maybe a picnic somewhere around the Priest Lake area. Or Montgomery Bell State Park.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:41 PM

620 posts, read 1,839,001 times
Hi! I've visited Nashville quite a few times and will do so again this May. Last time we visited the Carnton Plantation in Franklin. If you like history it's a must-see. Next time we'll check out the Carter House.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:21 PM

Thanks everyone...our list is growing.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM

930 posts, read 717,917 times
Hi guys, I like taking my kids out on the weekends too, we loved Bledsoe Creek state park in Gallatin. The Creek was wonderful and they have a nice lake and playground. Camping too I believe.

They enjoy the Discovery Museum in Murfreesboro also. Its only $5 and more for little kids than the Adventure science museum. It's not as big as the science museum. My 4 year old likes it better because it's geared more for little ones, but my 8 year old has fun there too. They have a water table, a fietruck, a nice craft room, a grocery section, tons of blocks, a playhouse, a huge slide, ect. They have some water there and some wildlife and a playground. On Tuesdays, they introduce the kids to an animal that they can pet, and on some days, they cook in the kitchen and everyone can sample the food. You should check them out, it's not as new as the Science museum but alot of fun for the kids. Some days or for a few hours on some nights, there is free admission. Friday night the 18th from 5-7:30 it's free.

There are also some jumpy places around that area. There is a Jump Zone, a U Bounce and a Pump it Up near by. All are usually around $7. You'll have to check open play times on their sites before you come.

In Franklin, is Glow Galaxy. I've never been but here it's alot of fun. They have inflatables, mini-golf games and a dance floor, all in the dark.

At the beginning of the month that you come, check out a magazines web site .: Parent World :., register, and then go to calendar, than scroll down to the "daillies". It will tell you everything that is going on that month. You should check it out now. It'll tell you everything thats around in the area. You can walk into any library or toys r us when you come and pick up the magazine. It's also in other stores such as some grocery stores. It's a must have.

There is also Nashville's children's theater, but I dont think the summer schedule is out yet. Some areas also have water spraygrounds that are free. There are two that I know of in nashville, Kirkpatrick and Watkins. Lebanon has one at Don Fox community center that also has a wade pool for little ones. I also have one in my town of Smyrna called Gregory Mills. I'm sure there are more out there somewhere.
You might also check out ice skating risks. I think there is one near Franklin, and if you like sports, the Nashville Sounds. On June 21st, there is a RC and Moon Pie festival in Bell Buckle.

Well I hope this helps a bit. No matter what, you guys will have fun. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. But the Nashville parent magazine will help you alot. Have Fun.

Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville